Chapter 4

"Do you want to go to a party? Its off campus, but i was invited by this guy I sit next to. He seemed pretty chill- sketchy but chill nonetheless. We don't have to go if you don't want to though, " Dinah explained to Camila as she sorted through her clothes for an outfit. She had asked Camila what she wanted to do, but she was still in her slump ever since she found out Lauren could potentially have a girlfriend. 

"I don't know, D. I'm not really feeling it tonight."

"Alright Camila, I didn't really want to say anything but it looks like I need to. You've literally seen Lauren twice since you've been here. You barely even know the chick, or if she's in a relationship. Have you seen the name I have you under in my phone? Its 'Walz' with a banana emoji and a yellow heart. Because it's completely normal to give your friend heart emojies in their contact name. Now get your sad ass out off bed and come to this party with me."

"Will there be alcohol?" Camila asked her with a hopeful glint in her eye.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure. It is a college party after all."

"I'm in."

~~~

Dinah was right. There was alcohol, and a lot of it. Seconds after walking in the door, Dinah and Camila were both handed a drink that smelled like pure vodka and pushed into the crowd of people. Dinah led Camila to an area of the house where it wasn't cramped with bodies. 

"Holy shit, it's loud in here," Camila tried to yell to Dinah over the music. Dinah nodded her head and pointed to the door that led to the backyard. 

"Want to go outside?" 

Camila shook her head yes and grabbed the younger girls hand to lead her outside. Once they reached the grass, they both released their breath they didn't even realize they were holding. It was much quieter outside considering the majority of the people at the party were inside. The backyard seemed to be where all the people who either didn't like the intense loudness or were just taking a breather escaped to. There was a small little bonfire in the center of the yard with a handful of people sitting around it talking. 

"I don't think I've ever been to a party this loud. College parties don't mess around, do they?" Camila asked before throwing the contents of her drink into a bush. Camila hasn't been to many parties, but she has enough common sense to not drink anything from a cup she didn't pour herself. 

Dinah followed her actions and pulled her back to the door leading inside. "Hell no they don't. I want a drink so lets go back inside. At least we'll be a little more prepared." 

Lets just say that that wasn't their only drink of the night. 

Five shots of straight and five cups of lemonade vodka later, Dinah and Camila were completely intoxicated. The Cuban's downfall was letting Dinah make the drinks, so there was mainly vodka in the drinks and maybe a couple tablespoons of lemonade. 

"Fuck, Dinah, I fucking hate you." Camila stated halfheartedly as she threw up the contents in her stomach as the younger girl help her hair back. Once she felt like there was nothing in her stomach to vomit, she slowly stood up. Well, attempted to at least. 

"Walz, I'm so sorry. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have made them so strong. I just wanted you to have fun." 

Camila sighed and leaned against the counter to try and aid her spinning surroundings. "Its fine, really. I'm also sorry. I've been kind of a debby-downer lately. You were right earlier about Lauren. I don't even know her, so I'm sure this little crush thing I have on her isn't even serious. I'm sure its purely off attraction."