Chapter 7

Waking up at the crack of dawn isn't something Camila normally does, but it happens occasionally. Camila couldn't sleep knowing the fact that Dinah knew Lauren was in a relationship and didn't tell her. I mean, why keep her guessing if she was? That way Camila could've realized sooner that she wouldn't have a chance. So why would Dinah keep that information from her? 

"Walz, you good?" 

Camila snapped out of her thoughts. "Oh, yeah, I'm good. I'm gonna go take a shower." 

Dinah nodded slowly with a raised eyebrow. She shook off her weird behavior nonetheless. "Alright, go ahead." 

The second she steps into the water, Camila immediately feels  relaxed. She can practically feel her emotions slipping down the drain. She grabbed her favorite shampoo and drizzled some into her hand. She lathered it in her hair and ran her fingers through it so she didn't miss anything. She rinsed and repeated with conditioner. After she did her routine, she turned the water off and went to go grab the towel where she had left it, but she didn't feel anything. 

"What the fuck?" She whispered to herself. She remembers grabbing a towel and leaving it right next to the shower on the sink. The only reason it couldn't be there is if- "Dinah." 

She walked over to the door and opened it slightly. "Dinah, did you take my towel?" 

"Now why on Earth would I do that?" 

"Give it back, D. I'm cold." 

"Not until you tell me why you're acting so weird. So either you spit it out or remain cold. Your choice." 

Camila shook her head in annoyance. "There's nothing wrong with me. Please just give me my towel back." She regrets leaving her door unlocked now. She only did it out of courtesy in case Dinah had to use the bathroom. 

"Bullshit, tell me whats wrong." 

"Nothing's wrong." 

"Tell me." 

"Nothing!" 

"I call bull." 

"You knew!" 

Dinah paused. She wasn't expecting that. She just figured the smaller girl was nervous about school starting next week or maybe even how she found out Lauren had a girlfriend. But this was something she didn't expect coming. 

Camila continued, "You knew Lauren had a girlfriend and you didn't tell me. Instead of telling to give my hopes up, you let me believe I actually had a shot. I'm not mad, just hurt." Her voice wavered slightly. "I thought we were friends.." 

Dinah's hand shot through the crack in the door with a towel in her hand. Camila grabbed it and wrapped it around her chill body. Once Dinah was sure she had it on, she pushed the door open and wrapped her arms around the fragile girls body. 

"Don't say that. Of course we're friends. Look, I am so sorry I didn't tell you. I just didn't want to be the one to tell you. I figured it was something you'd have to hear from Lauren or something. I just thought that if you heard it from her then you'd be more encouraged to find someone else." She hugged Camila like her life depended on it. she wouldn't admit it, but Camila missed being hugged like this. "How did you find out I knew though?" 

"I heard you on the phone last night with Normani. I was about to fall asleep when you started talking." 

"Of course. I should've known you weren't asleep." 

"So were you gonna keep it a secret? Were you gonna tell me you knew?" 

Dinah sighed, "I don't know. I probably would've told you eventually, but I don't know if I would've done it so soon. I did plan on telling you though, if that counts for anything."