Chapter 2

"My grandma could walk faster than you, Mila! Pick up the pace," Dinah yelled from the Parlor's front entrance.

Camila rolled her eyes and moved her legs faster down the sidewalk. "Whatever, Dinah. How could you possibly be more excited about food than I am?" She wondered as she walked into the vintage restaurant. 

"All I've done is eat junk from fast-food restaurants in a car for three days. Can you blame me for being a little excited to be able to sit down and eat without dealing with old man farts and wrappers flying everywhere?" 

"Fair enough," Camila sighed and took a seat in the booth. Dinah took a seat on the other side facing Camila. A waitress came and took their drink orders, then left the pair to converse. 

"So, Camila. You told me all about your past, but nothing about your future. Care to explain what you plan on doing?" 

"Oh no, don't think you're off the hook. You've barely told me anything about yourself. Do you care to explain?" 

Dinah scoffed and mumbled, "Well aren't you nice; putting me on the spot like that. And to think I actually thought you were cool, Mila." 

Camila giggled at her failed attempt to act angry, but she knew Dinah was only kidding. "Its not my fault that yo-..." 

Dinah scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "Not your fault that what?" 

Just moments before, two girls walked through the door. Camila's attention immediately diverted to the models walking through the door. They were both equally stunning, but something about the girl with the raven hair stuck out for her. They walked passed them and took the booth a few seats down from them. It was until the waitress returned with their drinks when Camila snapped out of her trance and turned to Dinah once again.

"Damn, did you see those girls? North Carolina is a blessing in disguise." 

"Oh, so now you wanna pay attention? I see how it is, girl. Haven't even known each other for a day and you're already looking for a side hoe?" Dinah feigned in offense. Camila reached over the table and put her hand over the Polynesians mouth. 

"Are you crazy? They might hear you!" Camila whispered loudly. She sat back down and got comfortable again. "Besides, DJ, you know you'll always be my main hoe so what's the matter?" 

"Are you crazy? They might hear you!" Dinah teasingly mimicked her words from before with a teasing smile. "But yes I saw them walk in. Latina was cute, but did you see her friend? Holy shit." 

"Her eyes, oh my god. Her eyes could hold galaxies." Camila gasped. She leaned her head back till it was resting on the back of the seat. Camila was in aw, never having seen a girl with such beauty with the most minimal amount of effort.

"Keep it in your pants, girl. You don't even know who she is anyway. In reality, you'll probably will never see her again." 

"Not if I go get her number, D."

"Right, then go get her number." 

At first Camila didn't move, then she saw the knowing look on Dinah's face that gave her the determination. "Fine." She said confidentially as she slid out from the booth. Camila realized her mistake, almost regretting her urge to prove Dinah wrong. 

So instead of greeting the raven haired girl, she approached her friend. If Dinah can mess with her, then surely she could mess with her. 

"Can I help you?" The dark-skinned girl sassed. Her friend nudged her shoulder and whispered a barely audible 'be nice.'

"I'm Camila, and my friend over there...," She pointed a few seats down where Dinah was raising her eyebrow. "...is Dinah. Anyway, Mrs. Shy over there wanted me to tell you that you're cute. She's a little over dramatic sometimes. She also wanted me to ask you what your name is so she can write in her notebook with a bunch of hearts around it."