Shine Bright like a Moonlight

Chapter 29: -Cole's Perspective-

October 31

The moon's light shined like one-thousand florescent light bulbs causing me to squint. I looked out at the war in front of me as the world moved in slow motion. My pack never expected the Northern pack to have a full supply of weapons. The sound of gun fired shot through the air hitting and pulling down members of my pack. I watched as the bullet wounds of my wolves heal within seconds. We were an indestructible pack.

I moved into the target and showed myself into the action. I faced one-on-one with a wolf and testosterone seeped through my veins like I was the hulk. My force sent the wolf to its back, and I began to sink my teeth into the neck of the wolf. The warm, metallic taste of blood gushed into my mouth and down my throat. The sight of red caused my anger to rage even worse, knowing that this was the pack that nearly killed Sandra. I needed to finish off the wolf so I bit down as hard as possible until I knew the twitching creature was gone for good.

"Cole." I licked the remainder of blood off my fur and turned around.

I saw Geo with a gun in his hand shooting at the snipers from above. "Go find your mate."

I smiled at the grown up man in front of me. Wow, that gun added a few years on his sophistication. I escaped the bloody scene and managed to find a way in the Northern pack's house. I began to sweat a little knowing that I only had an hour to make Sandra my mate.

I decided to turn my attention over to my nose because the only way I would find Via in the dark would be her scent. I stuck my nose up in the air and waited until I picked up a scent from my mate.

After awkwardly standing there with my nose in the air...

I picked up Sandra's sweet scent. I could smell vanilla and flowers. I traced the wonderful aroma like it was a yellow brick road.

My eyes were keeping a close watch on my surroundings just in case a trap came up. I stopped sensing a tension in the dark. Someone was there.

I tip toed over to a corner so I knew I could attack easier. I waited in the darkness; I could barely see because my wolf's night vision was bad. I saw a shadow coming closer and closer until launched myself at it.

Before I knew it, I was on the floor sinking my teeth into another wolf's neck. I stopped. I do not have time for this. I dropped the chocolate brown wolf and began to follow the scent. The scent led me to an open room that was fairly big. Pain immediately collapsed my legs and a sharp stab rippled through my muscle. I knew I was close to my Via and transformed to my human self.

The room was now impossible to see, but the pain was not as harsh. My wolf felt the pain more than my human self because it felt a better connection with its mate. I looked up at the huge windows and saw the full moon mocking me, pointing its finger sneering, "haha, you have no chance."

I shivered feeling the cold hit my bare skin and turned to find a dead man laying on the ground. Someone has been here. I removed his sweat pants, glad that he had boxers on and put them on. I checked to see if he had a gun and then looked at where the ray of moonlight was pointing to. I adjusted my eyes and finally focused on the girl that was on a stage. I noticed that face anywhere and ran to that spot, tripping over chairs and items on my way in the dark.

I climbed on the stage. "Sandra, Sandra, I am here."

No answer.

I made it to a lifeless form and untied the bandana tied so tightly around her mouth. I untied her hands and body from the pole and felt her fall into my arms like she was a stuffed doll. I could see the pain in her face, pallid and frail. I picked her up and was amazed by how light she had gotten. A tear slipped down my face as I watched how painful each of her breaths looked every time she tried to stay alive. I brushed the hair from her face kissed her lips knowing I needed it more than her.