Rescuing the Princess

Chapter nine: -Sanrda's Perspective-

I was not going to cry in front of Cole right now. It's just everything hit me when I was leaving the office doors, I was a werewolf and I had a mate. My emotion's flood wall burst open, finally, while I was the center of attention. Great timing hormones! 

Cole took a step closer to me, causing me to mentally freak out. I didn't need this right now, although, he was trying to help. His touch on the stairs was so calming to me, it soothed my soul. 

Cole was now directly in front of me, asking me a question. "Did anyone hurt you?" 

In my mind I was thinking, yes my past, but I just breathed out, "no." 

Before I knew it, I was walking away from Cole's enchanting touch. I turned around to answer his question, when I noticed he was looking at my markings. Did I find the guy? Was he my mate? 

"Your flower is beautiful." He looked me directly in the eyes. 

My heart was screaming out to him, 'he was the one.' "What if I was to show my marks to the public?"

I pulled down the back of my shirt, I just needed him to show me that he was my mate, sweat dammit! I was freaking out when he pulled my shirt over my shoulder, tingles were numbing my spine. Cole was my mate and an Alpha.

-----------------------------------

I jumped onto my pink bed that I still had from age ten. I looked around my green room until I saw my collection of rare barbies and skipped over to the shelf to pick up the barbie 2010 doll. Her red and white dress flowed perfectly over her curves and her beach blonde hair was curled in ringlets down to her hip. The two of us went to sit back onto my fuzzy, pink bed. 

I brushed the doll's hair away from her baby blue eyes. "Nancy, why can't I have a life like you?" 

Nancy(the doll,) glared at me, not wanting to answer today. 

"Nancy? Why won't anyone talk to me? Your so. . .so perfect with your white smile and everything." A tear escaped my eye and chucked the doll against the wall; she had to die some day. 

"Wait, Nancy! I didn't want to kill you. I am not a murderer!" I ran over to the doll that now had her hand stuck behind her back. "What did I do?"

I gingerly placed the doll on the shelf, glad that I didn't kill her; it was just a broken arm. My mother knocked on the door to my room and stepped in. "Dear, are you talking to your doll again?" 

"No mom!" 

"Okay well we got a call from the office today that your clothes were distracting people." She sat on my bed, showing she was going to stay a while. 

"Yea mom, I just wore the sweater you gave me for Christmas. The principle said that it was so ugly I had to take it off."  I had a quick laugh. 

My mom crossed her arms, "I thought it looked cute. Anyway, do we need to get you some new shorts because these cheetah pants are not working for you." 

My lips pursed. "Really, I was going to keep these; I like them."  I turned around to show that I didn't need new shorts. 

"Sandra Jane Reynolds! When did you get a tattoo?" My mother stood up to inspect my back. 

What was I going to say? Would they believe me? "I never got one." 

My mother scoffed, "you can't lie about this one. John can you come in here." 

My father stomped into my room, mad that we interrupted his sports game. "What?" 

"Do you see your daughter's back?" My mother pointed to my exposed back.