Chapter 38

Janet POV

I sat in this private waiting room with my heart pounding out of my chest. On our way here Aaliyah fainted. No doctor or nurse or anyone has came to tell me anything. I sighed and threw my head down while running my fingers through my hair.

Lyte: Janet!

I quickly lifted up hearing the love of my life voice. I got up and quickly smashed into her. I felt tears running down my face which I didn't realize I was holding in. She pulled away and grabbed my face looking into my eyes.

Lyte: Baby what's wrong? Aaliyah okay is sh-

Janet: I don't know lyte. She fainted in the car and no one has came to tell me anything.

Tupac: Man fuck this.

Pac left out the room and it was no telling what he was about to do. I looked at lyte and she sat in a chair and pulled me upon her lap.

Lyte: Aaliyah is a fighter I know she will pull through this and so will the baby. We have to keep our faith.

Janet: I know I know. Its just seeing her like that i-i-

Lyte: Shh I know.

She rubbed my leg and I leaned in and kissed her lips. The waiting room door pushed open and in walked pac and a doctor whom pac had by his collar. All I can think was "oh god this fool".

Lyte: Pac what the hell you doing.

Pac: Doc here gonna give us a update on Aaliyah.

Doctor: Y-yes..well um she suffered a great deal its a miracle she survived this. She has a lot of bruises all over her body and some minor injuries that's being treated as we speak.

Janet: & the baby?

Doctor: The baby is perfectly healthy. Your friend is very lucky.

Janet: The reason she fainted?

Doctor: stress. She was probably very overwhelmed. But I assure you she is fine.

Lyte: can we see her.

Doctor: when they finish you guys can visit her for a little while. We want her to get some rest and we are going to keep her over night just to be sure her and the baby are okay before we send her home.

Janet: That's fine thank you doctor.

Pac: Thanks doc!

Pac smacked him on the back as he quickly left the room.

Janet: Really pac? We can't take you no where.

Pac: You got your answers right?

I chuckled and then let out a sigh of relief knowing Aaliyah and the baby was fine. I just wanted to see her.

Pac: Well while we wait I'm going to watch some TV.

Pac went to switch the waiting room tv on flickering through the channels.

Pac: Look penny

I looked up to see me as a young girl on TV from good times.

Janet: Really pac

Lyte: You were so cute.

I blushed as she leaned in and kissed my forehead. I then heard him change the channel again and landed on the MTV news.

News reporter: Breaking news! Music Producer and Cofounder of rocafella records Damon Dash was arrested today in his new york home. We haven't been told about the charges but sources say he was beaten up pretty badly as was rushed to the hospital and is going to be on a 24 hour watch. We will be giving updates on this story.