chapter 16

Janet POV

I woke up around 3am with my arms wrapped around Aaliyah. I got out of bed and grabbed my clothes on the floor and went into my room. I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower and through on some sweat pants and a mickey mouse T-shirt. I went into the kitchen and seen lyte leaning over the counter drinking a glass of water.

Janet: Why you up its like 3am

Lyte: couldn't sleep. Why you up.

Janet: Had to get in the shower I was hot and sticky.

Lyte: Mmh I wonder why. Y'all was kind of loud you know.

Janet: It was meant to be.

Lyte: What that suppose to mean.

I walked up to her as she faced me and i stood an inch from her and put my hands on the counter on both sides of her.

Janet: I wanted you to hear me. Did it turn you on?

She pushed me to the side and leaned on the refrigerator.

Lyte: look I don't know what kind of freaky shit you got going on in your head but you gotta stop. I can tell Aaliyah is falling deep for you.

I sighed cause she was right.

Janet: I know. I don't know what to do. I mean I care for her a lot. But something is keeping me from loving her like she want me to.

Lyte: Is it me ?

Janet: Maybe. Yeah.

Lyte: Look j I still have feeling for you that for some reason I can't let go. But I love chilli and I can't hurt her.

Janet: I know. I just wished I would of been straight with you in the beginning then we both wouldn't be going through this.

Lyte: Yeah well you will forever be my best friend thats not gonna ever change.

Janet: I know.

She started to walk back to her room.

Janet: Lyte wait.

Lyte: Yeah J.

Janet: Can I just have one kiss. An actual one where you kiss me back

She hesitated but then walked up to me and grabbed my face and pressed her lips against mines. I wanted to cry because I knew this wasn't gonna happen again. But it felt so right and good. She kissed me so passionately like I was the love of her life. Then she pulled away.

Lyte: You happy.

Janet: Very.

She smiled and walked back to her room. I put my fingers on my lips as the tingled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lyte POV

We was all boarding the plane back home. I felt guilty for this kiss that me and Janet had earlier this morning. I planned on telling chilli everything when we got back home because it was really eating me up inside. I had the most quiet flight back to LA. We finally made it there and got off the plane as the people handed us our bags and things.

Janet: Well I enjoyed this weekend with you ladies.

Chilli: Yeah me too. Thank you for inviting me.

We all gave our hugs and when I hugged Janet she pulled me in close and whispered in my ear.

Janet: Thank you for earlier.

I just smiled and shook my head. I grabbed chilli hand and headed to our car. We got in and the driver brought us to my house. When we got there it felt good to be home.