chapter 30

Lyte POV

I looked at the time and it was like 10 pm. I got out the car and headed into Janet's house. When I walked in Aaliyah was sitting on the couch flicking through the channels on the TV.

Lyte: wassup liyah.

Aaliyah: Hey lyte.

I sat next to her as she settle on an episode of Martin.

Lyte: How was the studio?

Aaliyah: Great. The album is almost done I'm so excited.

Lyte: What you naming it again?

Aaliyah: One in a million

Lyte: I gotta hear some tracks.

Aaliyah: I'm gonna have a listening party for it. I can't wait.

Lyte: That's dope. I'm finna go see what Janet doing.

Aaliyah: Oh she's not here.

I looked at Aaliyah and raised my eye brows.

Lyte: Her car is out front.

Aaliyah: Yeah but she left out again and got in the car with somebody. She said she's going to go grab food and she'll be back.

Lyte: What the fuck.

I pulled out my phone to call Janet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Janet's POV

I was sitting in this restaurant with Q-tip and we were just talking and laughing. I was done eating so we was just drinking and conversating. I heard my phone buzzing and took it out of my purse. I looked at it and see lyte name pop up on the screen.

Janet: Shit.

I had totally forgot I had plans with her tonight.

Q-tip: Is everything okay.

I sat contemplating if I should answer it. It eventually stop ringing.

Janet: Yeah.....um..

Q-tip: Are you dating anyone.

He cut me off before I could say anything and it kind of caught me of guard.

Janet: Um. Yeah I am.

Q-tip: Is it serious?

Janet: I would like to think it is.

Q-tip: Oh...how long have you two been together? If you don't mind me asking?

Janet: A few months but we've known each other for years. She was my best friend.

Q-tip: She?

I didn't realize i said that as I quickly got embarrassed and started tugging on my ear. I mean the public never really knew my relationship status or sexual orientation. Only people who knew about me dating Aaliyah or lyte were the ones closest to us.

Janet: Yeah she.

Q-tip: Oh didn't know you was..you know.

Janet: Yeah well I don't label myself and no one really know but the people close to me.

Q-tip: I understand I mean your business is your business no one should have to know.

Janet: Right.

It fell quiet for a while and I begin to drink more and more.

Q-tip: Do I know your..um girlfriend.

Janet: She's known yes.

He started to laugh.

Q-tip: I love how you run around the question but I'm not gonna push you to tell me who she is.