chapter 5

Janet POV

After I hung up with lyte Aaliyah finally got back into the car with a bag. I really didn't want to go to this party.

Janet: Don't be mad but I don't think I want to go.

Aaliyah looked at me and got mad.

Aaliyah: You said you was gonna come with me.

Janet: I know but im not in a club party mood and lyte.....

Aaliyah: Lyte? You always do this. You been spending a lot of time with lyte. Every time I ask you to do something you don't wanna do it unless lyte is going or you doing something else with lyte.

Janet: That is not true. I hang out with you all the time. I was just with you today.

Aaliyah: Yeah cause "Lyte" had something to do so you settled for me.

Janet: Why are you over exaggerating. It is not like that. If it'll make you happy I'll go to the club with you.

Aaliyah: Naw its cool you ain't got to go. Go kick it with lyte.

She got out the car a slammed the door and walked back to her house. I got out the car and yelled her name she didn't say anything she just kept walking until she got into the house and slammed her door. I got back in the car thinking what in the hell was that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aaliyah POV

This moment I realize I had different feelings for Janet. Usually I wouldn't blow up on her for hanging out with lyte but I felt jealous. I know it was probably weird for her how I blew up and I thought to call her but I didn't I just got into bed and decided to take a nap before the club tonight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lyte POV

Lyte: How this sound:" Yeah I get exotic with tha malotic tune I get hypnotic with tha room
but you got to put me down soon I flip a sideshow
if you come my way up down and around even sideways"

I rap the verse part of my verse to Queen and YoYo.

Yoyo: Man thats tight. I might need to go right some shit.

I laughed.

Lyte: What you got so far queen.

Queen: "instict
leading me right up your alley way skip tha
Moet let's chill with some
Allazae nuff stress in our day let me massage your mind as my mentals
start to play"

Yoyo: This is some bullshit.

She threw her paper away

Yoyo: I gotta come harder cause you heffas in here going off.

We all laughed as I got a call from Janet.

Lyte: Wassup J.

I looked up to see queen making kissing faces and noises at me. I laughed as I moved away from her.

Janet: You still at the studio?

Lyte: Fosho wassup.

Janet: I'm here. Come outside really quick.

I was surprised. I told the girls I'll be back as I headed outside to see Janet parked. I got into the passenger seat in her car.

Janet: So me and Aaliyah got into it.

My eyes got wide.

Lyte: Why?

Janet: She feels I spend to much time with you and not with her.

Lyte: Well you kind of do. But thats nothing new. Why she so upset about it now.

Janet: I don't know but I think we all need to just sit down and talk. You both are my best friends and I don't want us to be arguing like this.

I looked at J and noticed she looked really good today. I wasn't really paying any attention to what she was saying. I was too busy examining her body.

Janet: Lyte are you listening.

Lyte: Yeah cool. We can do that.

Janet: Okay so its final you coming to the party tonight with me.

Lyte: Hold on what. No. I can't j .

Janet: You just said you was. Should of been listening.

I sighed.

Lyte: Well if I'm going to be doing all of that I need to finish this verse and lay it down before tonight.

Janet: Well get your butt in there and get to work. I'll pick you up at your house around 9

Lyte: coo

I got out the car and went back into the studio.

Queen: You was out there making out with your girlfriend.

Lyte: Stop playing queen. How many times I keep telling you it ain't like that. Chill out.

We continued to do our songs. By 7:30pm I was done laying down my verse for the song. I listened back to it and finalized some things and headed home to get dress. About 9 Janet came and picked me up and we headed to the club. When we got there we seen Aaliyah hanging in VIP. We walked over there and she looked surprised and unpleased at the same time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aaliyah POV

I seen Janet walk up to the section and got kind of happy until I seen lyte behind her. They came and sat next to me but I just moved to the song.

Aaliyah: Look who decides to show up.

Janet: I said I was gonna come.

Lyte: Wassup liyah

I just nodded my head.

Janet: Look after the party. Me, you and lyte are going back to my house and we are gonna talk. I don't like all this tension between us.

Aaliyah: tension what tension? I'm fine.

Janet: Not what I've seen from earlier. So we are gonna talk tonight. We gonna have an old fashion sleep over.

I sighed. I'd be fine if it was just me and Janet but its me Janet and lyte. I just said whatever as we continued to enjoy the party. After the party we all got into Janet's car and headed to her house. When we got there Janet gave us something to wear and we all sat on her bed looking goofy.

Janet: So y'all want to watch a movie or talk or play a game.

Lyte: Play a game. J we are grown. I ain't finna play no games with y'all grown asses.

Janet: Since you talking mess then we are gonna play a game.

Aaliyah: What game.

She got up and went downstairs she came back up with glasses and a bottle of champagne. I was trying to figure out what she had up her sleeves as she poured each one of us a full glass.

Janet: We are about to play never have I ever.

Me and lyte looked at each other and said "what" in unison!