The New Life

"I'm proud of you, Sam. I know you really like modeling. I'm glad you got the job," Brantley says over video chat. I hear the door open as Blaine runs and jumps on my bed beside me.

"Dad!" he says excited as he waves.

"Hey, son," Brantley smiles," you ready to start school?"

"Yes, Granny Becky says I'll be at the school she teaches at."

"Yep. That's where I went too."

"It's hard to believe in two months will be our two year anniversary," I smile.

"And my wife will be a professional model soon," Brantley grins.

"Hey, B. I know you're talking to Sam and Blaine, but we go on in ten," I hear Ben, Brantley's drummer, say in the background.

"Alright, man. I'll be right there," Brantley says before turning back to his phone, "I've got to go, but I love you guys. I'll be home on our anniversary."

"I'll see you then my love. I love you, Brantley," I say.

"I love you, dad!" Blaine yells. "Momma, I miss Dad."

"Me too, baby. He'll be home in two months though. What do you want to do tonight?"

"Can we watch a movie and make sundaes?"

"Of course," I say closing my laptop before getting up to walk to the kitchen.

"I miss Sylo too," Blaine sighs. I pat his head as we walk downstairs. I miss my guys, but at least I have my little man. He starts school tomorrow, and he'll be with Becky while I'm modeling. I sigh to myself. I make me a sundae and let Blaine make his. Blaine and I watch "Iron Giant" until nine o'clock.

"Alright, mister. It's bedtime," I tell him.

"But mom," he whines.

"You have a big day tomorrow," I tell him, and he heads up the stairs without further objections. I begin to clean up the living room and kitchen before heading for my bedroom. On the way to my room, I check on Blaine which is asleep already. I walk in my room to throw on one of Brantley's shirt to sleep in before I lay down.

When I start to doze off I hear,

"Backwoods looking like Panama City a bunch of jacked up trucks and bikinis. Got a Yeti full of good ideas. Like I ain't worried 'bout driving, I'mma stay right here."

I open my eyes to see it is Brantley video calling me.

"Hey, Babe," I answer sleepily. He smiles big before I hear the rest of the band hoot and holler.

"The guys say hi. Did I wake you up, Babygirl," he asks softly.

"No, I'm fine. But we should have the guys come over when you get back," I smile.

"We can do that. Where's my little boy?"

"Brantley, it's one in the morning. He went to bed three hours ago," I giggle as I see Ben run across the bus with a princess blanket, "Has Ben been drinking?"

"Yeah, a fan brought us Crown."

*Brantley's POV*

Sam talks to me about her shoot tomorrow, but I watch as her pretty little eyes drift close. I whisper," I love you, Babygirl," before turning off video chat.

"Awe, kissy kissy," Ben says as I turn around to face the band.

"Says the guy running around with a princess blanket."

"Hey I've got more girls than you," Ben laughs.

"Yeah, but I have the only woman I'll ever need," I smile proudly.