On Tour

"Sam, please go with me to Nashville," seventeen year old Brantley begged me, but I went to college instead. Now, I am sitting on the couch next to Sylo. Blaine is laying in the bed in the back room taking a nap, and Brantley is in the front of the tour bus talking to his manager and bus driver. We are a month into the tour, and Blaine is loving it. Brantley walks over to me.

"Are you alright? you look zoned out."

"Brantley," I try to smile," I'm fine."

He sits next to me, on the opposite side as Sylo, and puts a hand on my knee," Babygirl, tell me what's wrong."

"Tomorrow, we will be in Texas," I sigh as I take off my wedding band," I've got to go see him."

"Are you going to tell Blaine?"

"I don't think I need to," I feel my eyes fill with tears.

"I'll watch him long enough for you to go," he nods understanding that I needed to do this.

"Thank you," I pause long enough to read his emotions," for everything."

After I leave the cemetery, I call an Uber to take me back to where B's bus is. I've texted him three times to check on Blaine, but he hasn't answered. I trust him enough not too panic. When I get back to the bus, I walk in, but I don't see anybody in the main area. I walk to the back room, and Brantley is asleep on his back, one arm stretched out, the other wrapped around Blaine, and Blaine is curled under B's stretched out arm. B had told me that he was going to nap before his show tonight, so I snap a picture. I smile to myself before I kick off my shoes and lay on the other side of Blaine.

When I wake up, Brantley is gone, and so is Blaine. I look at my phone, and I had two messages from Brantley.

They read, "I didn't want to wake you, so Blaine is with me backstage. He'll be with Michael Ray while I'm on stage.," and," Mom called to check on us. Call her when you get a chance."

I sit up and call Momma Becky since it's only ten at night.

"Hello," Kolby answers Becky's phone.

"Where is Momma B?"

"She is upstairs putting something together," he chuckles," you enjoying the road?"

"It's not the dream, but Brantley has helped out a lot with Blaine."

"Yeah, I miss my little guy," he sighs, "here's Momma."

"Hey, my Sam," Momma says," I hope you're enjoying tour. I miss you guys so much. Is he treating you right? Blaine is good? I miss him."

"Momma Becky, all is well. Brantley is taking care of both of us."

"Brantley said he would let Blaine talk to me after the show."

"Yeah, they let me sleep for a very long time."

"Sam, please take care of my boys," she says like any good mom would.

(I know a lot happened, but at the same time nothing really happened. I'm sorry.)