Home Sweet Home

I wake up to the sound of Brantley singing, so I got off the couch to walk to the bunks. Brantley is sitting on one bunk singing and playing his guitar for Blaine, who is laying on the bunk across from him. I lean against the door frame quietly as I watch them. I watch Brantley hop up to kiss Blaine's forehead after he falls asleep. B turns to face me before whispering, "Hey, Babygirl." We walk to the living room section of the bus, so we don't wake up Blaine.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up," Brantley quickly apologizes.

"No, I had just wanted to check on Blaine."

"He came in my room to wake me. You fell asleep on the couch, but he got up to go to the bunk last night. He woke me up because he said he had a nightmare. He asked me to sing him some songs."

"Thank you," I smile appreciatively. I yawn before hugging Brantley's waist; without hesitation, B hugs me back and lays his head on mine.

"I love your son. You and him mean the world to me. I know I wasn't always there, but that doesn't mean that I didn't worry about you."

"I know, Brantley," I tell him as I nuzzle my face into his shirt. He just gently rubs my hair before he picks me up sitting on the couch and setting me in his lap.