Chapter 19 - Backgrounds

A/N - This is a remake of the original chapter. In this chapter, you will learn how Ian and Natalie got their Eevee's as their starter Pokémon.
---
It was a chilly day outside on a Thursday afternoon. The overcast sky, blocked out the sun, preventing much warmth from hitting the planet.

Two trainers, by the names of Ian and Natalie, were walking down a simple path. It was made of dirt, and lead to a cave, where professor Oaks assistant, was supposed to be waiting for the two young trainers.

It was the day, Ian and Natalie were to get their starter Pokémon. They couldn't make it to the professors lab, so his assistant, had set a meeting place for the two young trainers.

"Soooo Ian? What starter are you getting?" Natalie asks curiously.

"It's an easy choice Nati. Squirtle. That's who I want. What about you?" Ian asks back to his best friend.

"Hands down, gonna be Bulbasaur. It's sooo adorable!" Natalie responds, squealing in excitement.

As they walk down the path, a light drizzle begins. Ian pulls his hood over his head, but Natalie just walks, her long hair beginning to get soaked.

As they walk further, they see all kinds of wild Pokémon hiding under the trees, hoping to stay out of the rain. Then thunder booms across the sky.

Natalie shrieks in fear, as she jumps, and hides behind her best friend, Ian.

"Oh cmon it's just thunder Nati." Ian responds sarcastically as he stops his walking, turning towards Natalie.

"In case you forgot mister, I am scared to death of thunder!" Natalie yells at her friend, as more thunder booms, causing Natalie to again shriek in fear.

Ian then spots the cave that the two are supposed to be meeting with the professors assistant. Ian motioned his hand over, and Natalie quickly takes off towards it.

Natalie runs into the cave, only to run into a man wearing all black, with a big "R" on the shirt, red colored.

"Why hello there." He says with a smirk now plastered on his face.

"W-who are you?" Natalie says standing quickly, and taking a few steps backwards. Outside, it had started pouring rain.

"I'm just no one really. But since your here, come with me." He says with an evil smirk.

"Nati! Where'd you go!" Ian shouts from outside the cave entrance.

"Just sit quiet and still. Like a good girl." The man says as he goes towards the cave entrance.

Natalie, now being curious, didn't sit still at all. She went deeper into the cave, where she hears two Pokémon, sounding like they are calling for help, through their Pokémon cries.

Natalie runs towards the sounds, to see two Eevee's in a cage, scratching at the lock trying to get out. One was brown, one was a weird white color.

"Oh my gosh! What are you two doing in there!" Natalie shrieks as she runs up to the two trapped Pokémon.

The two Pokémon quickly back up, and away from the lock the moment Natalie stops in front of the cage.

"Don't worry I won't hurt you." Natalie says softly as she unlocks the cage. She hears footsteps behind her, and looks to see Ian. She looks back to the frightened Eevee's.

One of them, quickly jumps into the arms of Natalie, and cuddles into her chest, sniffling softly. Natalie hugs the little one tightly, whispering into its ear.

The white Eevee approaches Ian, with curiosity and caution. "Hey don't worry, I won't hurt you." Ian says crouching down and picking it up. The Eevee bites Ian, who winces in pain.

After Ian doesn't do anything, the white Eevee starts to cry happily as he cuddles into Ian.

"You two!" Someone yells from behind. "Leave them alone!"

It was the man wearing the black. Then from the other end of the cave, another one wearing the same, appeared cornering the Eevee's and the Trainers.

"Those are ours!" The one that just appeared says pointing a finger.

The Eevee in Natalie's arms, tries to hide itself, and Natalie covers the cowering Eevee with her arms.

"They certainly don't like you then!" Natalie shouts. "Why would you put them in a cage!"

"Just leave it be brat!" One says.

"We are Team Rocket! Now run along, or we'll have two little kids as well." One says menacingly.

Ian stops and stares at the one who said it. "Your threatening to kidnap us?"

"Yes sir, now run along." The man says as he makes an opening.

Ian and Natalie take their chance and run out of the cave with the two Eevee's in their arms.

Eventually, they run and lose the two men, known as Team Rocket Grunts, and met up with the Professors assistant, who confesses she lost the starter Pokémon.

After the Eevee's show they really like Ian and Natalie, the assistant gave them each a pokeball, which they caught the Eevee's with, and gave them Eevee's as starter Pokémon.