Chapter 34 - The Seafoam Trap (Part 2)

Serena's POV
We were falling. Me and Ash, falling down an infinite abyss. It's only been a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity. Ash still has his arms around me, and we were calm, we weren't screaming, in fact, Ash was resting is forehead on mine, staring into my eyes, and I was staring back.

Air was rushing past us, it was loud. To loud in fact, I couldn't hear anything but the wind, even when Ash talked. There was something strange though.

The air, wasn't really getting hot. It didn't feel like you'd be falling to the underworld, down this abyss. In fact, as we fell further and further, the air was cooling. It wasn't a natural cooling, unless there was a frozen wonderland below us.

Sooner or later, ash breaks the silence. "Serena..." Ash says telepathically.

"Ash..." I respond

"I...." We both begin while cutting each other off. "You go first Ash..." Ash nods

"Serena... I'm sorry..." He says as a tear rolls down his cheek.

"Sorry for what?" I ask wiping his tear as we fall.

"For failing to protect you... I promised you, and even your own mother... seemingly... I've failed..." Ash states saddened.

"Ash... you didn't fail..." I respond with a small smile

"How... now we are falling down this seemingly endless pit..." He adds to his statement.

"Relax... I'd rather die with you, then live on to serve my father..." I state now , with a tear running down my face.

We finish falling down the abyss, into a large cavern. I look left, and to me, I see a floating icicle. I couldn't make it out, because of the speed me and Ash were falling.

I close my eyes, preparing for the death blow, of the hard ground. I feel Ash's hug tighten. This was it. This was the end. I would never see the glimmer of hope in Natalie's eyes, in my mothers eyes, in anyone's eyes. Not only that, Our bodies were never going to be found this deep underground.

"I love you Ashy..." I say to Ash, ready to take my last breath, and as I hide my face in Ash's chest

Then, before we hit the ground, a cold wind from from beneath us. It's cold, and I can feel my momentum go down, which also means Ash must be feeling the same thing.

We hit the ground seconds later. Though, it wasn't hard. It was one of the softest landing I've had. Wait, could that be what it feels like to die from a fall? No, it couldn't be. We were alive, escaping death, once again.

I open my eyes, and quickly lift my head, and look at Ash, who has complete shock, and happiness in his eyes.

"You two must be the Chosen Ones." I hear a feminine voice in my head. I quickly look around, I see a blue Pokémon, one I've never seen.

It had predominantly blue plumage and large wings looking to be made of ice. It has a head crest that consists of three, darker blue rhombus-shaped feathers on its forehead and circular red eyes. Its beak is short and gray, and its long legs are the same color. It has a long, streamer-like tail that is longer than its body and the same shade of blue as its crest.

Ash pulls out his Pokedex. "Articuno, The Freeze Pokémon. When Articuno flaps its wings, it can chill the moisture in the air around it, making snow fall. It flies from icy mountain to icy mountain. According to legend, it appears before doomed travelers lost in icy regions."

"Wait...." I start. "Articuno... it's one of the legendary birds!!"

"You have that correct miss Serena." Articuno states bowing lightly, but quickly turning back to its standing firm.

"Miss? Also please don't bow." I respond.

"I'm sorry, Lady Serena. Could I call you that? Also, I haven't seen you in quite some time, Lord Ash."

"Lady Serena? Lord Ash? Hold on what's going on here?" Ash asks curiously.

Mew appears again, next to Articuno. It's little tail, swirling around, as she smiles.

"Ah yes. The two you have been reincarnated from, had been called Lord Ash, and Lady Serena." Mew states.

"Yes. Would it be alright if I call you by those names?"Articuno asks politely.

"Of course!" Mew shouts. "Now, Ash and Serena, lucky for you, you've sprung the trap. All we need to do, is get you both out of here, and you'll be set free from the trap. Team Rocket, along with Giovanni are working their way down at this moment. They are closing in."

My heart sinks when I hear the name, Giovanni. My no good father, the one that used my mother, and disowned both me and my mother once he learned my mother was pregnant with me. It makes me sick.

"Alright, well how do we escape?" Ash asks, and I get a head splitting headache.

"Come to me, my Daughter." I hear in my head. It's Giovanni's voice. My thoughts go hazy, and I know something's wrong.

"You can't escape this Serena, my little one. Those two shadows have corrupted your mind. Now, COME!!"
I nod. I can see, but I can't think. I begin walking towards the exit.

"Serena!!" I hear Ash call. However, it's a faint call. I can hear Mew, and Articuno trying to grab my attention as well. It's all just faint voices.

Ash's POV
I keep calling Serena's name. I'm getting no response. She walking, but looks like a zombie pretty much. Mew and Articuno are also trying to get her attention.

"Put her to sleep." Mew states suddenly, but urgently.

"How?" I ask quickly.

"Either use your life take ability, which is prohibited to do. Push a pressure point, or have Lucario do it."

"Yes ma'am." I say. Wait, yes ma'am?! She's a pink floating Pokémon, and I'm calling her ma'am? Oh whatever...

I run up to Serena, and push a pressure point, that Mew pointed out. After that, life returns to Serena's eyes, and she collapses to the ground.

"Get the Lady on my back. We are flying out of here." Articuno states, and I quickly put her on Articuno's back. I then hear footsteps.

"MEW!!!" I hear Giovanni shout.

"Oh dear... I must go." Mew states before disappearing,

"Get on my lord!" Articuno shouts at me. She's still calling me lord? Why though, I'm just Ash.

I follow orders, climb onto her back. Then, Articuno fly's up, through the abyss me and Serena had fallen through. When we got up, there were grunts everywhere.

Articuno sends out a freezing blast of air, and fly's past the now frozen Team Rocket Grunts. She breaks through the cave wall, creating a near entrance to the Seafoam Islands.

After that, we fly off to Cinnabar Island. Hopefully, we get there in one piece, and we don't get attacked again. Luckily, we got out of that trap, which could've turned bad....

Ash and Serena survive a fall, meet Articuno, and escape from the trap of the Seafoam Islands. See what happens next, as the Journey Continues....