Chapter 31 - Safari Zone

"But Serena!!" Ash yelled as Serena dragged him along to the Safari Zone.

"No buts Ash! We are going to the Safari Zone!" Serena shouts as she drags Ash with her

Ash was upset a little. Sure, he wanted to go to the Safari Zone as well, but he wanted to challenge the Gym leader. Serena however, wanted to go to the safari zone.

As Serena drags Ash through the outskirts of Fuchsia City, they are unknowingly, being followed through the streets.

"Serena! I want to battle the gym leader!" Ash cries as he is trying to release Serena's hand from his.

"Ash. You can wait another day! I want to catch a Dratini, and you want to catch two different Pokémon." Serena responds as she stops walking.

"Yeah.... I guess..." Ash starts before he looks behind them and narrows his eyes.

"Ash what's wrong?" Serena asks a little afraid.

Ash just holds onto Serena's hand, and drags her with him. As they walk, Ash leans towards Serena's ear and whispers something.

"Use your ability. See if we are being followed." Ash whispers cautiously into Serena's ear.

Serena nods and she looks behind them, and her eyes turn a light shade of pink. They continue walking, as Serena looks around, seeing through things.

The two following Ash, Serena, and Pikachu, had ducked behind a building to hear the conversation the two where having.

"Okay, Ash. I don't see anyone behind the tree's, there's no one, if there was I could've seen them with my ability." Serena says as she thinks they are clear.

Ash nods and he and Serena head to the entrance of the Safari zone. The two people had a smirk on their faces.

"Sooo Josh!" The man known as Simon shouts as the appear from behind the building.

"Alright, we'll meet them somewhere in the Safari zone" Josh responds as they keep following them.

Ash and Serena make it to the entrance of the Safari zone. Ash is still on alert. Not only that, him and Serena know how to communicate without speaking. So, they are both able to contact each other, if anything bad were to happen.

Serena is excited for her own reason. She was looking for a Dratini, which are said to only inhabit the Safari zone in Kanto. Ash just wanted to find a Scyther, and a Tauros, possibly any other Pokémon as well.

They happily pay to get in, which happens to be quite cheap, and begin looking around immediately. Not to long into their walk, they hear two pairs of footsteps running towards them.

They turn, then sigh in relief when they spot Gary and Leaf, running towards them.

"Hey Ashy-boy! Serene!" Gary yells as he makes it up to the two. Ash and Serena both look confused towards Gary calling Serena, Serene

Gary sweatdrops. "Oh I'm sorry! Serena, your new nickname is Serene!" He shouts as Leaf stands next to him.

"Yes it is. I think it's pretty!" Leaf shouts as she tackles Serena into a hug.

"What are you guys doing here?" Ash asks confused

"Well I came to look around at the Pokémon." Leaf states getting off Serena.

"And I'm here to catch me a Dratini!" Gary shouts triumphantly.

"Yeah. Like I'd let you." Serena says back.

"Your looking for one as well?" Gary asked astonished.

"Yes in a matter of fact I am!" Serena yells in response.