Chapter 18 - Mon Amour....

*NOTE - At this point I was starting to change my writing style from what it was. I also started to tell myself it was time to start slowing down.

It was a few hours after Gary ruined a moment between Ash and Serena. Ash was originally going to battle Gary but decided against it.

Currently, Ash and Serena, were wandering through the forest. They haven't said a single word as they were both thinking about what has happened to them both.

At that Ash breaks the silence. "Hey Serena?" Serena was looking up through the leaves at the starry night. "Serena? Ash asks again. Serena breaks from her trance. She looks at Ash then smiles.

"Yes Ash?" Serena was blushing. Ash couldn't see as it was to dark.

"Did you mean.... That you love me?"

Serena stared at him dumbfounded. "Of course..... Did you mean it?"

They continue walking. The walk into a clearing with a tree in the center. There was a hole in the trunk of the tree and the climbed inside and sat facing each other.

"Yes Serena... I-I love you..... I live for you." Serena blushes again. She knows he's telling the truth. "I'll be back." Ash walks out of the tree trunk.

He walks a few feet outside and sees a flower. He takes it out of the ground and examines it. It had red and yellow peddles, on the center of the pebbles was an ice blue color.

"Ash?" Serena asks from right behind him. "What are you looking at?"

"Oh? Oh it uh.... Nothing. Do you want to be outside or in the tree?"

"Uh.... I think outside." Serena answers smiling.

Ash nods in response and sits against the big tree. Serena sits next to him. She's looking down at his hand. She slowly inches her hand closer to Ash's.

Ash quickly grasps her hand to Serena's surprise.

"Here.... I got this for you...." Ash says holding up a flower

"F-for me?"

"Yes Serena..... It's for you..."

Serena carefully grabs it and starts to examine it. She recognizes it immediately as she picked one up exactly like that one before speaking to Ash. She looks around not seeing any of the same.

Ash looked towards Serena. Serena looks towards Ash and they look directly into each other's eyes

Ash realizes how beautiful Serena's light blue eyes are. It causes him to smile. Serena smiles back and they quickly look away, blushing.

"A-Ash.... Don't you think Misty and Brock are worried about us? We need to head back right?"

"Um..... I kinda like it out here.... Y'know? Just...... Y-you and m-me....."

"O-oh....." Both trainers blush.

"But what if they worry about us?"

"I'm sure they'll be fine with it Serena... Ok? I just want to be with you right now...."

"Ash....."

"Hey... Hey.... It's fine. I'm sure they'll be fine with us gone for a single night. What about the flower? Do you like it?"