Chapter 30 - The Fuchsia Pokémon Contest, Seperation

Authors Note* The characters Silvie and Yellow, have had their names changed in this story. Silvie is now Natalie, and Yellow is now Leaf.
----
Ash and Serena were running out of the route, to the next big city, and their next destination, Fuchsia City. It was the location of Serena's next contest, and Ash's next gym battle.

Brock and Misty were being a little strange today, well acting strange. They both had something to tell Ash and Serena. Something they'll be upset about.

When Ash and Serena make it to the Pokémon center, both collapsed from exhaustion, they sit and Brock and Misty sit across from them.

"Guys...." Brock says as he frowns

"What is it?" Ash and Serena say at the same time.

"Well... I'm going to be leaving the group." Brock says as his expression turns serious.

"What? Why?!" Ash shouts confused.

"Because of what I Want to do. I want to be a breeder, and I'm going to be traveling the world for it...."

Ash and Serena smile weakly. They weren't angry. They were actually okay with Brock leaving to follow his dream.

"Me to..." Misty adds

"You to?" Serena asks sadly.

"Yes. I'm going to become the greatest water type trainer."

Ash and Serena knew they would only be traveling with each other now. However, they were still happy that they had wanted to chase their dreams.

"It's alright you two. You guys can chase your dreams!" Ash shouts enthusiastically. Serena nods in agreement, as she was still trying to catch her breath.

Brock and Misty both smile as the stand up, and walk up to the two young trainers. Ash and Serena both stand as well.

"It's been an honor Brock. Have a good safe trip." Ash says shaking Brock's hand.

"You as well Ash. Oh and take good care of Serena." Brock responds as he walks to the door.

"Have a good journey you two!" Brock adds as he runs off, with Ash, Serena, and Misty waving.

"Good luck Misty!" Serena shouts as she hugs her.

"You as well. Now I've got to run." Misty says as she also runs off, with the two waving.

"Well Serena?" Ash asks with a concerned look.

"Yes Ashy?" Serena responds

"When's your Pokémon contest?"

Serena looks at her pokedex. "In 15 minutes!!! Serena yells as she grabs her stuff and starts running, with Ash not far behind.

When they arrive at the contest hall, Serena quickly runs to the dressing rooms, as Ash starts to the seats.

Before he can enter the area, he hears a familiar shout of hello. He turns to see Kyle running up to him with his Rockruff.

"Hey Ash!" He shouts as he catches up.

"Hey there Kyle! Hey where's Spark?" Ash asks curiously.

"You'll see. Now cmon, you don't want to miss Serena do you? Also where's Misty and Brock?"

"Of course I don't. And, those two left not to long ago to chase their own dreams." Ash responds.

"Oh alright. Well let's go!" Kyle shouts shoving Ash to the seats.

As Serena was getting ready for her contest, she just can't get her hair style complete. She was struggling, and needed help. Then she hears a familiar voice.

"Here, let me help you with that." The girl responds.

Serena nods and looks in the mirror to see Spark with her Pichu Sparks on her head hugging her head.

After Spark finishes helping her, Serena looks at her surprised, and her smile brightens when she spots Leaf and Alexis.

Everyone participates and Serena, Alexis, Leaf, and Spark all pass, filling up half of the spots. The other four are taken by boys named Carlos, Jacob, Max, and David.

Then the final four happen to be Serena, Leaf, Carlos, and Max. Unfortunately, Spark didn't make it to the semi-finals.

Then moving onto the finals are Serena, and Carlos. They both fought hard to get to the finals, so Serena would have a tough fight.

"Cmon Serena!" Ash shouts as Spark and Alexis were making their way to seats around Ash and Kyle.

"Absol, it's your time to shine!" Serena yells as she throws her Pokeball, revealing Absol.

Carlos throws his Pokeball, revealing a houndour. "Let's do this Houndour!" Carlos yells.

The last 5 seconds of the contest, Carlos's Houndour had failed to dodge a dark pulse in time, resulting in Serena winning her second ribbon.

Here in Kanto, instead of having to gain 5 ribbons, you only had to gain 4 since it wasn't fully developed in Kanto.

For the remainder of the day, Ash had talked with Kyle as Serena and the girls were having a little girls evening, which meant Ash and Kyle really didn't have anything to do...

Somewhere at the outskirts of Fuchsia City....
"Hey Simon! Look at this!" A man says holding up a newspaper.

"What is it this time Josh?" The man known as Simon responds.

"Read this."

Simon takes the newspaper and reads the article. It was about Serena winning the Pokémon contest, and gives some insight on her and Ash.

As Simon keeps reading, he catches a sentence with his eyes. He looks back and reads those words again.

It reads, "Ash Ketchum, Serena's apparent boyfriend, has never lost a battle when he uses his Lucario."

His eyes widen and he knows what his next target is. "Josh, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Simon asks with a smirk.

"Yeah. We'll get that Lucario, and any rare Pokémon that those kids have!" Josh shouts excitedly.

The two sixteen year old Pokémon Hunters were very smart and knew exactly how to pull heists of all kinds on different trainers.

Secretly, Josh had something else going on through his mind. He thought Serena looked kinda cute, and began to gain an obsession over her. He wanted her, all to himself. He was jealous of Ash, and began to despise him.

Simon, had only one thing going through his mind, and one thing only. All he wanted to do now, was to get Ash's Lucario, at any cost necessary.
----
Brock and Misty leave Ash and Serena to chase their own dreams, and Serena wins her second ribbon of four. Along with that, Spark participated in her first Pokémon Contest. And now, there are two new Pokémon hunters with bad intentions. Find out what happens next, as The Journey Continues.....