Chapter 25 - Butterfree! Where are you!

After the incident that had happened earlier that day Serena was frantically asking if people have seen a Butterfree.

Eventually a younger trainer had said yes and pointed towards route 12.

"Ok she went to route 12!" Serena shouted at she ran back to the group.

"Awesome! Let's go find her!" Ash responds happily

Serena smiled at Ash. She started to blush a little which Natalie didn't understand.

"Why is Serena blushing? She's already dating Ash isn't she?" Natalie asks.

"Well I think when it's someone you love, you tend to blush even if you are dating him." Brock responds

"Cmon hurry up slow pokes." Serena says slightly agitated.

"Don't worry Serena." Ash says grabbing her hand. "We'll find Butterfree, no matter what!"

"Plus don't you want to say goodbye?" Spark asks.

"Oh my! I'm so so sorry!!" Serena responds.

After Serena, Ash, Brock, and Misty say goodbye to Spark, Kyle, Natalie, and Ian, the 4 head off to route 12.

After about 3 hours of searching, it was lunch time. Serena was still worried sick about Butterfree.

Ash and Misty kept trying to keep Serena calm. What no one knew, is that Butterfree was in deep trouble. With who you may ask?

With none other than Team Rocket. Jessie and James to be exact.

"Koffing! Use tackle!"
"Elans use headbutt!"

Both Pokémon jump at Butterfree, hitting her. She falls to the ground.

"Now ekans use poison sting!!"
"Koffing use sludge!"

Butterfree countered with gust which caused a massive explosion.

As the smoke was everywhere, Butterfree took her chance to escape. Unfortunately for Butterfree, she didn't get far.

"Ekans use wrap!!" Jessie shouts.

The Pokémon wraps itself around Butterfree, dragging the butterfly Pokémon to the ground.

"We got the Pokémon! Now all we need to do is get the girls attention."

"That's right! Then we'll relieve Butterfree of her duty!"

Back at the group Serena wasn't eating. She was just moving around her food with her fork.

"Serena can you please eat?" Ash asks with concern. "I know your worried about Butterfree but...."

Serena didn't respond. Instead a single tear falls down her face.

"Serena?..... are you...."

Instead of doing anything. Serena puts her fork down, and walks off. She reaches a tree and sits against it.

Ash starts getting up to comfort her but Misty grabs Ash's shoulder. Ash turns and Misty shakes her head.

Ash knows that Serena was hurting. However he also knew that Serena was still so worried. Misty had told him that she wanted to be alone

After about 30 more minutes, A fog had started to roll in. You couldn't see more than 15 feet in front of you.

Luckily the group had a Pokémon that could see through the thick fog. It was Haunter.

Brock and Misty were almost done cleaning the dishes and silverware. They just had a few things to do

Serena had returned to the group and was currently being hugged by Ash.
Most of Serena's Pokémon were comforting her as well.