27

Before the chapter starts I just want to mention that it's kinda upsetting. If you feel any discomfort whilst reading, I advise you skip this chapter.

Your POV

A knock at the door echos throughout the flat, causing me to jump off Dan's lap and run out of the living room.

"Dan, they're here!" I shout to a probably confused Dan as I try not to fall in my rush down the stairs.

I reach the door, panting, and open the door to reveal the only three people from home I miss more than Tess.

My family.

"Y/N!" Alex shouts as he wraps his small and thin arms around my neck. I pick him up and spin him around, frowning at his concerning weight.

I used to never be able to pick up Alex. I've never had the muscle for it. Now, I can pick him up as if he were a pillow, and I can feel his bones like he has no skin covering them.

I put him down and force a smile, not wanting to show my fear. "I've missed you so much. How's my teddy bear?"

Alex scrunches his nose up. "I'm good. And you said you would stop with the 'teddy bear' thing," he folds his arms, causing me to laugh.

"I lied," I give him a cheeky smile and turn to Mum and Dad. They too have changed since I last saw them. Wrinkles have appeared, grey hairs are even more noticeable, they have dark rings under their eyes and their eyes themselves have changed. The warmth they used to have has been replaced by sadness. I hug them both and invite the three of them in.

We reach the living room where Dan is still watching anime. He looks up and smiles warmly at my family.

"Hey, Alex," he says while standing. He walks over to my little brother and ruffles his hair before turning to my parents. "Hi, I'm Dan," he shakes both of their hands. "Y/N's boyfriend. Nice to meet you."

I try my hardest to stifle a laugh but a little chuckle escapes. Dan looks at me and pouts. "What?" He whines.

"Hi, my name is Dan," I make brackets with my hands. "Nice to meet you." Alex and I burst into laughter, Dan shoots me a death glare and my parents give the three of us confused looks. "I'll let Dan and Alex explain it to you," I say as I take their bags and walk down the hall.

I place their bags in the spare room next to mine and make sure that everything is ready for them. Once I'm done, I take Alex's bag to gaming room (Dan's idea). I quickly set up the air bed and rush back down to the living room.

"Here she is," Dad smiles as I walk in. "Just think; twenty-four years ago I was holding this girl on my arms, dreaming of what fantastic things she'll do when she grows up. Now, here she is, living in the city she's always loved and dating a famous guy," he winks and I roll my eyes.

"Oh, please. It's not like he's Gerard Way or Tyler Joseph," I smirk at Dan, who launches a pillow at my face.

"I still have no idea who those people are," my mum shakes her head.

"Okay, then, it's not like he's Leonardo Décaprio."

"Ahh, okay," she laughs.

"Anyway, what would you like to do now that you're here?"

"I was thinking maybe Alex could stay with Dan and the three of us go get a drink?" Dad suggests.

"Okay," I agree as I pick up my purse and put some shoes on. "Dan, how about you take Alex to your flat? You and Phil have way more video games than I do." Alex's eyes light up as Dan nods his head. "Let's go."