29

Your POV

"Hey~! You're finally here!" Joe holds out his arms for a hug, which I accept.

"Hello, Joseph. This is my friend," I gesture to Tess when he releases me. "Tess."

Tess stands stiff in the doorway, jaw wide open.

"Hi, Tess. I'm Joe," Joe holds his hand out. Tess stares at it like it's gold.

"Tess," I whisper shout.

She snaps back into life and takes his hand, giving it a soft shake. "Yeah, I know," she wheezes.

"Awesome!" Joe replies with a large grin on his face. "Well the party is in the lounge room. We've got both the Buttercream Squad and the Sidemen. And we have Zalfie, Jim and Tanya-"

"That's great. We'll be with you in a minute." Joe nods and walks away to join the rest of the party. I turn to Tess. "Bruh, are you okay?"

"Yes... no. I'm in Joe Sugg's house," she squeals.

"And... you're dating Phil Lester, what's the big deal?"

"You're right... but Joe Sugg! And then there's all my other favourite Youtubers in there- I'm so glad my mum told me to go play with you when you were just a loner in the park."

"Wait, what?"

"Nothing, let's go!" She grabs my hand and drags me with her, and all I can do is laugh.

~Time skip~

"Okay, Suggy, I think you better slow down on the drinks," I laugh as I struggle to help a hammered Joe off the floor as everyone else laughs behind me.

It's not until I completely give up that Marcus Butler lifts him up and guides him to a couch.

The party resumes and everyone either talks in groups, dances to the blasting music or take turns at FIFA.

Tess wears the same expression as the millons of fans at Dan and Phil's tour; that giddy and exited smile, and eyes full of joy.

I giggle and turn to talk to Simon and Ethan, but that's when a large, cold, rough hand wraps around my arm and drags me away.

I look up to see who the hand belongs to and instantly feel my stomach churn. Bile rises up my throat and I squirm around to release my arm, but the grip on my arm is too strong.

I'm pulled outside, away from the party. I open my mouth to call out for help but another foul hand covers my mouth.

"Y/N, I'm not going to hurt you, I'm trying to help!"

I stop squirming and look into the eyes of the man cutting the circulation in my arm.

I stare into the same cold, brown eyes that caused my panic attack at the cafe.

"I know you don't trust me, and you have a good reason not to, but I've changed. After I heard what happened I stopped drinking, I stopped taking the drugs. I saw him in gaol the next day and told him I wanted nothing to do with him."

He removes his hand from my mouth and loosens his grip on my arm.

"What do you mean you're trying to help me? What has stalking me got to do with helping me?" I snap.

"I've been trying to warn you! He's out and he knows where you are. He's coming for you, Y/N. And he'll hurt anyone that tries to get in the way."

My blood runs cold and the first thing on my mind is Dan. He'll hurt Dan. Fuck! What have I done?

"What do I do?" I mutter.

"You need to get out of here. You need to go far away. And I think it's best you leave everyone else here."

"What do you mean?"

"He'll hurt them if they try to help. Especially that new boyfriend of yours. Like I said, he'll hurt anyone that tries to get in the way." A silence falls between us and all that can be heard is the music thumping inside and the traffic in the distance. "You best be planning something soon. For now, enjoy your party. Have fun with your friends. You need it."

And with that, he walks away, leaving me alone in the cold.

I sigh and walk back inside, joining the party.

"Hey, where did you go?" Simon asks, handing me a beer.

"I... I just needed some fresh air." I reply and shakily lift the bottle to my lips, chugging it down.

'Have fun with your friends. You need it...'

And that's just what I'm going to do.