10

I stand outside the front door, waiting for them to answer.

Soon the door swings open and I'm pulled into a large embrace.

"I'm going to miss you."

I let out a soft chuckle, "I told you, it's just for the weekend, Dan."

"That's still too long."

"Hey! Stop hogging all the hugs, lover boy! I want one to!" Phil whines, causing Dan to let go and back away, blushing.

"C'mere, Philly!" I pull him into a hug, "I'll make sure to Skype you two."

I release Phil and go to walk away. But I'm unable to as two long arms wrap around me again.

"Last hug," Dan mutters.

"Good bye, Danny," I peck his cheek.

Now that I'm not being attacked with hugs, I leave.

Time for two days away from my two best friends.

Joy.

Dan's POV

She turns to leave but doesn't go anywhere, as I pull her into another hug.

"Last hug."

"Good bye, Danny," and then she pecks my cheek.

I release her and watch her walk down the stairs.

I walk back in, and there is Phil, staring at me.

"I saw that. Are you two.. a thing?" He wriggles his eyebrows.

"No, Phil. It's just a friendly thing she does."

"I didn't get a kiss! No fair!" I give him a glare and he laughs. "Dan, I'm kidding! I don't love her like that!"

I roll my eyes and walk to my room.

I feel lonely.

Yes, she only just left. And yes, it's only for two days, but I love her. And who knows what could happen in two days!

There could be an accident on the way there. There could be a serial killer in Yorkshire. She could decide she misses that place too much and want to move back. She could find another guy.

So many things can happen in just two days.

Just like how so many things can happen in just one day.

So many things could even happen in just an hour.

You never know the future.

Right now, someone could be falling in love. Someone could have just caught their lover cheating.

Someone could be winning the lottery. Someone could have just lost everything.

Someone could have just started their life. Someone could be in their death bed.

All this could be happening, and it could be all be happening under five minutes.

I can't handle this anymore. I don't want to think of what could happen, it will just make me long for her more.

I take my phone out and headphones to play music.

Slowly, I drift off to sleep.

~Time skip~

Your POV

"Knock knock!" I call.

Seconds later, the front door opens and my mum smothers me in hugs and kisses.

"Y/N! You're here! You're alive!"

I chuckle.

"Yes, now can I come in?"

She moves out of the way and I walk in. I greet my dad and Alex, then go to my old room to put away my stuff.

After talking, eating dinner and watching F/N/S (favourite Netflix show), we say goodnight and go to our rooms.

But before I got to sleep, I pull out my laptop and go on Skype.

First, I try Dan's contact. He doesn't answer. Wow, he makes a big deal about me leaving and then doesn't even answer.

I call Phil instead. After a few seconds, I see the face of everyone's favourite Lion.

"Hi, Philly!"

"Hello, Y/N! How are you?"

"I'm good. A bit heartbroken, but good."

"Why? What happened?" He asks, ready to hurt someone, which honestly scares me. This is Phil.

I chuckle.

"Well, Dan wouldn't shut up about wanting me to stay then won't even answer my Skype call!"

It's Phil's turn to have a little chuckle.

"He's been asleep ever since you left. He's probably going to sleep all weekend so he can see you faster."

"Haha, you better wake him."

Phil stands and walks to Dan's room, carrying the laptop.

"Dan, Y/N wants to talk to you."

Dan shoots awake at the mention of my name.

"I'm awake! Hello, Y/N."

"Why, hello, sleepy head!"

He groans.

We talk for a while. I tell them that I'll be coming home Monday instead of tomorrow night so I can spend a little more time with my family.

Dan looks disappointed.

"That means I have to wait longer!" He whines.

"Too bad!" Wow, I'm harsh.

We talk a little longer and my eyelids become heavy. Slowly, I fall asleep while listening to Dan and Phil's voices.

Dan's POV

I stop talking when I see that Y/N's eyes are closed.

"Y/N?" The only response I get are soft snores.

I sigh. I feel a little disappointed, but also feel warm seeing how peaceful she looks.

"Sweet dreams," and we hang up.

Phil leaves the room to go to sleep, but I've already slept the whole day so spend the night on Tumblr.