13

Your POV

It's been a week later. I've agreed to meet Dan at the park after work.

I've been working hard all day as the hours drag on. I watch the clock on the wall, waiting for five o'clock to come. The minute hand moves and my shift is over.

I say goodbye to John and rush out of the café and towards the park.

I walk around, looking for Dan. I'm about to give up and sit down on the hill, knowing he should find me when he finally gets here, when I feel a pair of large hands grab my waist and lift me in the air.

I let out a scream and turn around to find myself face to face with him. Dan Howell, laughing really loud and getting strange looks from passer by's.

"Dan!" I shout, "you're such an asshole!"

He chuckles some more. "Sorry. Come on, let's go sit down."

We walk over to the hill and sit down. We have a perfect spot where the sun set looks amazing.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Phil and I are going to America soon for our tour and..." Where is he going with this? "I was wondering if you'd like to come with us."

I am filled with delight at the offer. This would be fantastic! Touring America with my two best friends!

But...

"Dan... I'd love to but..."

Dan's POV

"Dan... I'd love to but... I have a job. I have stuff to do here. And going away for that long, I just can't. I'm sorry."

My heart sinks and looking at her guilt ridden face just makes things worse so I look down at my hands.

I should have known she couldn't. She's still just getting used to life here and I want to take her away.

I look back up and see her looking down at her own hands. I reach out my hand and gently lift her chin. "Y/N," I say softly, "it's fine. I'm sorry. I should have thought about it harder." She nods and looks back down. "Come here." I pull her into a tight embrace and sit there with her in my arms, looking at the beautiful pink and orange clouds.

Soon, I hear soft snores and look down. She's asleep. I lay back onto the hill, being as gentle as I can so I don't wake her and pull her closer. After about five minutes of staring at her beautiful, sleeping face and playing with her H/C hair, I find myself drifting off to sleep as well.