"I SAID TRAFFIC LIGHTS!"

"No you didn't, you said traffic." He puffed out and made a face in some kind of sulking fit and I laughed at him. 

"You cheated!"

"No I did not!"

"Whatever. Are we nearly there yet?" He asked and I shook my head.

"It takes a long time to get through even outer London traffic. We'll travel at about 10 miles per hour." I stated - perhaps over-exaggerating a little- and he made a face.

"Great." 

-

I started tapping my foot up and down nervously when we neared my Father's estate. I recognised the place very faintly, but the sign posts confirmed our location. 

"Sup?" Alex asked me when he noticed my unusual behaviour and I snorted.

"'Sup?'" I asked and he pulled his tongue out at me.

"Is my epic cool language too much for you or something." He commented and I chuckled at him and shook my head. "Hey, does your father know we're coming?" He suddenly asked and I nodded.

"Yeah I texted him a few minutes ago, forgot to any earlier...But don't worry I know where to find a key to the side door I buried when I was younger, if needed." I explained and he smirked.

"Um, that sounds like a great entrance. Found digging in the dirt at 6 AM in the morning." He commented and I smiled. 

"He'll have been up since 3 probably, maybe earlier. Unless he went to bed at 3, then he'll be up at 8." I explained as I recalled his strange sleeping habits.

"Maybe your step-father will be there." He suggested and I scoffed.

"Which one?" I commented sarcastically. I guess its not unheard of to have two step-fathers, but still, pretty rare.

"Omg imagine if my father was there. I'd die!" Alex worried about his fake imaginary scenario and I rolled my eyes. 

"We can walk from here." I told the taxi driver and Alex gave me a weird look as I got out of the car. 

"The gate is just up ahead." I told him as I finished paying the driver and he frowned. 

"Really? Thought you lived in a typical British manor thing where there's this long ass drive" He said and I smirked.

"I did. We have to walk." 

"WHAT. But I'm a lazy teenager!?" 

"Deal. You will benefit from the exercise." 

"Is that an insult!?" 

"Your words, not mine." 

-

"I'm dying of fatigue, you may have to go on without me!" Alex complained as we walked down the only half a mile long driveway. I gave him a look before grabbing his hand and dragging him when he nearly sat down on the gravel.

"We walked further when we were in the airport come on Alex!"

"Really?" He said and stopped his over-dramatic complaining, walking normally. I shook my head at him before biting my lip when I looked up at the large house. 

"Is that a new habit?" Alex asked me and I raised a brow at him.

"That biting your lip thing, you do it allot." He explained and I let my lip go. 

"Oh, yeah. I guess it is, sorry." I mumbled as I looked up at the building, the lights were still on even though the sun had started rising. I could tell they were up - don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing though.