"And why would you do that here? There are so many people that would try to stop you", Katherine kept on asking, not understanding his decision. She was mostly talking about the Salvatore brothers but also her sister, who was actually going to help them to save Elena. Angrily she pressed her nails into her palm. "Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelganger", Klaus said, glaring at the girl in front of him. "Didn't realise that was a requirement", she commented and let her eyes wander to the floor. "How could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina." Slowly the man walked towards the scared brunette, who's eyes started to tear up but she quickly blinked it away. "But I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family. I even found Zlatina." An evil smirk appeared on the man's face while Katherine focused not to cry. "I'm still waiting for her to show up by the way", Klaus added while his smirk widened. "There's no good show without my favourite Petrova."

After the two talked about Elena, Klaus compelled Katerina to stay in the apartment. Then he left but he stopped at the door, breathing heavily as memories flashed through his head.

 Then he left but he stopped at the door, breathing heavily as memories flashed through his head

1492, England

Klaus' eyes widened when he saw the two dark haired girls, that stood with his older brother Elijah. He was fascinated by the two of them, one was the Petrova doppelganger, the key to break his curse, the other one was a true beauty with something special on her, which leaded him to smile widely. The girl wore a long dark purple dress and had beautiful, long and curly hair. His gaze fell to her kissable lips and the dark innocent eyes. "Katerina, Zlatina, may I introduce you the Lord Niklaus", Elijah spoke up, smiling at both of the girls and his younger sibling, who's gesture faded into a big grin. He stopped at the small group and put on his best welcoming smile, even though his eyes focused on Zlatina. The Petrova sisters bowed down. Katerina put an eye on the Lord, thinking he was very handsome as he stood there with his charming smirk and the long dirty blonde hair while Zlatina saw something dangerous in his beautiful blue eyes that gave her goosebumps.

Niklaus took Katerina's hand to kiss it before he did the same to Zlatina, his eyes starring directly into hers. A strange heat touched his lips just like her soft skin but both simply ignored it. Soon the vampire was scared of getting lost in her hazel eyes. "Niklaus is the name my father gave me. Please call me Klaus."

"From where have you come?", the younger Lord asked the two girls interested. The sisters looked at each other and the older one knew how bad it hit her sibling, after all she was banished by her parents and sent to England. Zlatina couldn't leave her sister alone so she decided to guide her long ago, running away from her home. She ran away at night, now her parents probably hated her. "Ne e nuzhno", she mumbled in her mother tongue, not caring about manners right now. She wanted to make sure her sister was okay, so she told her that she didn't have to answer. Both men looked at her surprised while her sister nodded but widened her eyes quickly, realising that it was their place to stay , leading her sibling to spoke up again. "We are new in town, my Lord." Niklaus grinned amused at the brunette, still not letting his eyes off her. "Katerina and Zlatina are from Bulgaria", Elijah explained fascinated. "Zdraveıte, Zlatina", the younger man said, leading the addressed girl to laugh slightly. Just in that moment, she realised how good her name sounded when it came out of his mouth while Niklaus found out that her laugh was the most beautiful thing in the world.

"Thank god", Katherine said when her sister opened the door, smiling widely

"Thank god", Katherine said when her sister opened the door, smiling widely. "Brought you this, Lincoln Scofield", Zlatina greeted before she threw a small bottle at the doppelganger who caught it easily. Quickly she opened it and drank the vervain, coughing from it, after all it burned her throat. "He's already expecting you. You should leave the town", Katerina told her sibling worried, who rolled her eyes amused. "Careful Sestra, I could think you care about me. Beside I won't let you handle this dickhead alone", the older girl replied, making her nod. She didn't react to her sister's earlier answer, after all they knew how much they cared about each other. They survived hell together and were the only family both had left.

"You're not actually believing they're able to kill Klaus, are you sister?", Katherine asked. Zlatina chuckled at her sister's voice, noticing that she wasn't sure about the answer. The older sibling smirked satisfied. "I believe no one's able to do that, sestra, but I'll enjoy to watch them try." The doppelganger raised an eyebrow, after all her sister was on the run from Klaus too. "So you're willing to stay in Mysticfalls?" Zlatina's smirk widened before she turned around and started to walk away, swinging her hips dangerously. "I don't have a choice. This town needs a new Prom Queen."