Top secret

Max POV

-------------------------

"What!" Cindy jolted up.

"Just the perfect timing." Luke mumbled.

"We have to act fast now!" David spoke, running out with Elizabeth.

"Max, take care," Luke greeted, and Cindy nodded. Everyone was running off and all I could do was stay in bed. Another word to describe me at the moment. Useless.

"Don't even think about it," Nanny glanced at me trying to remove my bed sheets.

"I can't just sit around here!" I defied her command for the first tim.

"Oh yes you can! And what do you honestly think you can do at the moment!" She yelled back, looking weary and tired. I didn't want to harm her anymore, her age wasn't helping her like before.

"Fine! I'll stay, but just so you know I'm leaving right when I feel better," I decided, ending the conversation.

"Stubborn brat," She huffed, taking a seat and closing her eyes. "It's just one thing after the other isn't it." I didn't peel my eyes off her for a second. I was only at ease when I saw her head bob in to sleep. Slowly I removed the spaghetti-like wires and as softly as I could I wiggle my way out. I could barley stand at all, but I had to do something. I was not about to be helpless when all of this was my fault.

I spotted the neatly folded cloth on a small wooden table and grabbed the black undershirt and the black pants that were fit to wear under your armor. "What do you think you're doing?" Rosalind whispered, catching me dress in to the black shirt. I continued to dress as fast as I could with out answering. "Mind checking me in on the plan?" She asked, walking over.

I unbuckled my pants and stared at her. "Mind looking away?" I asked. Quickly she turned away. "How'd you get that wound on your head?"

"Do not change the subject!" She growled, making the mistake of turning my way. She blushed and looked away. Gladly, I was done tightening the belt though.

"I'm not. Now tell me what happened? Who did that." I asked with suspicion.

"N-no one. I...when you were placed here I was running so fast that I tripped and busted my head a bit. It's not serious." She mumbled.

"It is serious," I sighed, patting her head. "You have to take care of yourself a but more."

"Uh..anyway, I asked you where you were going didn't I?" She asked, holding tightly to my arm, as if I'd grow a pair of wings and fly away.

Well, where do you think I'm going?" I stalled, stepping into my heavy boots.

"You can't!" She yelled extra loud. I wrapped my hand around her mouth.

"Shhh! Are you trying to wake Nanny up?!" I hissed. She pushed me away and narrowed her eyes in annoyance.

"Oh, so you're sneaking out too! Max, you know you can't get out of bed now. Look, you can't go with the others no matter what." She insisted.

"Rosalind. I will go." I toughened my voice. I didn't mean to sound so mean, apparently I did. Rosalind let go and back away so slightly. "I'm sorry, I made up my mind and I'm not going back on my word. All of this started because of me and I will have to end it."

"Max, this isn't your fault at all. I can not believe you're actually blaming yourself for this! If there is anyone who is at fault that would be me! I am the one who left father's palace. So please, do not leave, or I will call for the others!" She argued.

"Don't do that please." I sighed.

"Don't leave then." She stubbornly insisted.

"I can't do that."