synchronize

((Personally I believe this reader should be male as is the singer. And don't be a sick saying you choose do be female, don't post that in the comments, sorry but I could careless))

Gently running your hands against the strings of the ukulele, you release a sigh of relief. It was the after party of a wedding of one of your friends but your other friend rick decided to stay home, saying he hated these occasions. You leaned onto the balcony and smiled o yourself.

-
Rick sat by himself tweaking at the small project he was making for himself or more like for you. The douchebag had a crush on you but he wasn't one to make it obvious, but Morty caught on the moment Rick had gotten jealous of you flirting with one of the bartenders.

--

"Should I try to hide...the way I feel inside, my heart for you, would you say that you, would try to love me too... in your mind could you ever be really close to me, I can tell the way you smile, if I feel that I could be certain then I would say the things I'd say tonight" you sang with a blush on your face. Yes you were alone but you felt embarrassed to have these feelings for such an unstable man. A high-class man like yourself shouldn't be acting like this, at least that's what you were told.

---
"But till I c-can see, that you'd really care for me. I will dream that someday you'll be really close to me I can tell the way you smile, if I feel that I could be certain then I would say the things I want to say tonight" Rick mumbled to himself, he continued to mess with the small box as he smiled.
---together~~~

"But till I can see that you really care for me, I keep trying to hide the way I feel inside" Both of you sang, it was so synchronized that you felt a shiver run down your spine. Rick growled under his breath the thinking that someone like you would never like something like him. He ignored the idea not to long after you huddled into a ball having the same doubts yourself.

https://youtu.be/kf04il6HwO8