I am sorry

--work with it--

Your beaten body hesitantly made its way to rick. Already dried tear stains stained your face, he looked at you with the most hateful glare you've ever been under. Once you where in front of him you let your self fall to your knees. It was your way of apology.

He tched and pushed you away, of course being the kicked puppy, you crawled back and leaned onto your hands for support. He was going to leave until his small trip was interrupted, "Rick, I am humble, and for once I understand, that your love was never meant to leave and never meet an end, you suffered great injustice and it wasn't because of you, I beg for this apology yet one will never due, I am...sorry, I am so very sorry, hear my song, I know I sing the truth"

-flash back-

A whirling tornado was behind you, the strong winds moved your hair as rick was still running..."shit...where's Morty!?" You yell Rick turns and yells "he isn't here...h-he's gone" he screamed back. You knew he was lying, you went back into the tornado to see Morty on the floor, you put him in the portal as it shut closed.

You, after what felt like years finally found one home but you never changed. You where beaten, shot at, the works just to get home. You knew the attachment between you and Rick but you didn't think it meant as much as for him to go into a much more depressed state.
----

"Although I was meant to die, I reach for kindness in your heart, oh if you can forgive, and if you forgive our love truly lives,
Oh if you can forgive, and if you can forgive then love may truly live" he looked over his shoulder and sighed, he continued his trip but and left the doors wide open for you.

You left the warmth of the house engulf you, a feeling you forgot all about.

Everything was silent, nothing was heard

Morty walked down stairs and hugged you before asking questions even you couldn't answer, this smell radiating off of him was different. Rick glanced at you with distressed eyes as he was walking off, unnoticbly your grip was tighter.

If you understood then that's what happened, not everyone came back alive