Chapter 21: Words Hurt

READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END ITS IMPORTANT

Chapter 21: Words Hurt

Jason's P.O.V
*Two Days Later*

Ever since the kiss things have been extremely awkward. The car ride was the worst because we had to sit next to each other in the car for many, many hours. Everyone is still upset about Jenna including me. I still get really upset over the whole thing but I can't just express my feelings in front of everyone because it shows weakness. I don't know who I can trust anymore considering what Fran did. I just can't wait to get my hands on Fran. She has no idea what's coming her way.

I sat in the hotel room and twiddled my thumbs. The gang couldn't get us a good place to stay down here so currently we are sleeping in some ratty motel. It's horrible and the rooms smell. My phone rang and I picked it up. I didn't even bother reading the caller ID so I just placed it against my ear. "Hello." I said and no one answered. Someone was breathing heavily on the other line. "I am not in the mood for fucking jokes right now. Who the fuck is this?" I spat.

I heard a few beeps on the other line... that motherfucker is tracking the call! I hung up immediately and threw the phone against the wall. I took the mini lamp from the side of the table and hit the phone repeatedly until the phone was destroyed. It was probably Johnson but this time he failed. I won this round because you have to at least be on the call for thirty seconds for the tracking to work.

The door opened and James stood there looking at me. "What?" I said emotionless. "Are you alright bro ever since-" I cut him off. "Just don't even say it." I rolled my eyes and stared at my broken iPhone. I frowned and looked back up at him. "Where's Carter?" He asked. "Who cares." I shrugged. "Dude, what's wrong?" He asked and I didn't say anything. He is like my older brother so I guess I can trust him.

"Well a few days ago I kissed Carter and she kissed back. Then she just pushed away and left the room and she still hasn't talked to me since that day. I don't know what I did though. I actually thought that she might've liked me but I guess I was wrong." I sighed and he sat down next to me. "Jason, she likes you but I don't think you kissed her at the right time. Everything is so crazy right now and she is probably confused and so are you. You should go and talk to her today. Just tell her how you feel and maybe she might give you a chance." He said and I pursed my lips.

"But I don't think I want a girlfriend." I muttered and he rolled his eyes. "Then stop playing around with her. She isn't like Fran or any of those other girls that you mess with. Carter deserves to be treated like a princess and if you can't do that for her then let someone else treat her right. Jason you can't be a player forever. You are eventually going to find someone. Maybe that someone is Carter." He explained. Maybe he is right, maybe she is that someone.

"Bro, I'm going to go and find her. I'm going to talk to her." I said hesitantly. He nodded and I got up and left the room. I walked down the hallway and there was noises coming from the other hotel rooms. I tried to ignore them and I knocked on the girl's door. They were staying in another room because there wasn't enough room for them in ours. Chaz was also staying with them because honestly I think he might be gay. Okay, he isn't gay but he sure acts like it sometimes. He didn't even care that we put him in the girl's room. He was actually excited.

The door swung open and Carter stood there in her tight pajamas. She was looking quite fine if I do say so myself. "Hey, can we talk?" I asked and she nodded. She came out into the hallway and shut the door behind her. You could hear Chaz and Kelly talking about something but I really didn't pay attention. "So, what do you want to talk about?" she furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"Why did you just push away from the kiss?! Why wouldn't you talk to me?!" I said. I tried not to act embarrassed about my sudden outburst but my cheeks told another story. Damn, I am blushing. "Uh Jason, now isn't the time to talk about this." She mumbled. "Why the hell not?" I said while clenching my jaw. "Because.. I don't know. I just don't want to talk about it. Okay?" She said and that only made me more upset.

"Well, I want to talk about it now!" I yelled. "See Jason, it was a fucking mistake. I would never like you like that and you should know that. You wouldn't be able to maintain a stable relationship if your life depended on it! You only care about yourself and I will never like you like that! Goodnight!" She yelled and walked back inside her room. She slammed the door behind her. Well that hurt more than any wound I've ever had.

Carter's P.O.V

I walked back inside the hotel room while slamming the door in Jason's face. I honestly feel really bad but why should I tell him how I feel? It wouldn't even work out anyways. The kiss wasn't a mistake, it was the best kiss I've ever had. I don't think Jason is ready for a relationship. I mean come on look at him! He is an emotional mess, all he cares about is sex, he's a criminal, he kidnapped me, his sister just passed away, and he's on the run from Johnson. His life is just a mess.

He probably doesn't even care about me. He just wants to get into my pants. Carter, quit being stubborn and just give the boy a chance. My mind seems to talk to me at the wrong moments in life. The voice in my mind should've told me to stay away from Jason not to give him a fucking chance. I just want this thing to be over with so I can go home and see my parents again but something tells me that I won't see them for a very long time. I wish my parents never moved to Denver. I'd still be in California with my best friends. We could've been partying right now or surfing.

***

Word Count: 1,140

SORRY THIS WAS SO SHORT. Anyways *IMPORTANT READ* okay, so there might be "sexual parts" coming up in this book. DO YOU WANT THOSE KIND OF SCENES OR NOT?! Idek tbh.. check out @tabbyjofficial

FOR A QUICKER UPDATE:

65 votes

&

20 Comments