Chapter 8: Bank Robbery

Go watch the trailer on the last part if you didn't see it already (;
-------------------------------

Chapter 8: Bank Robbery

Carter's P.O.V
*
1 week later*

Everything was quiet this week. Jason came up to feed me and we made small talk every once and a while. Jenna would sneak in every night and talk to me about girly things and she would put ice packs on my ankle. My ankle is now healed and I can put pressure on it. Every time Jason would bring me food he looked as if he hadn't slept for weeks. His hair stuck up in all different directions and his eyes had small bags underneath them. He didn't have enough energy to yell at me either. I'm guessing he's really upset about the big fight that happened between him and Jenna. Jenna still refuses to talk to him.

I sat in my new bedroom and looked around. Jason's house is actually amazing. It's decor was wonderful, he actually has really good taste. This house reminds me of my dream house when I was a little kid. I would always imagine a better life in my head. I would think about what it would be like to fall in love and have a nice big house. But now I'm older and reality has hit me, hard. It really sucks that all my friends are probably partying in California while I'm handcuffed to a bed living with my insane kidnapper and his caring little sister.

The door then swung open and I saw Jason standing there with a flustered look on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked trying to sound concerned. "It's nothing important," he mumbled. He came closer to me and reached in his back pocket pulling out that shiny key that I dreaded, but he put the key in the handcuff's key hole and it unlocked. He repeated what he did the first time to the other cuff and my wrists felt fantastic now.

"Get up me and you are going to be doing something... fun," he murmured. This time he actually looked well. He no longer had bags under his eyes and his hair was up in his usual quiff. He sat an outfit on the bed and left the room. I stood up slowly, hearing my back crack in many places. I let out a yawn and arched my back hearing it crack a few times more. I took off my shirt and threw it onto the bed. I slipped the new one over my head. The shirt smelled like perfume and I inhaled the scent once more. I unbuttoned my pants and pulled them down my legs. Sighing, I took the pair of new pants and stepped in the leg holes and pulled them up.

I walked towards the door. I opened it and Jason stood there with an impatient look on his face. "Let's go, we can't afford to lose time," he blabbed. I nodded and mentally rolled my eyes at him. He's so bipolar; for example, one day he's smiling at me and telling me I have a good singing voice and the next day he's throwing me onto the ground and calling me a bitch. He confuses me so much.

I followed behind him, trotting down the long-twisting staircase. I kept staring at the back of his head. His hair looked so soft I wish I could just run my fingers through it- wait what the hell am I saying?! Ugh, keeping me held up hostage in this house is making me go nuts.

Jason held open the door for me and I walked out. We made our way towards his shiny, black mustang. I opened the car door and I sat down on the leather seat. He sat down next to me and shut the car door behind him. He flicked on the heat and it blew on my face. I sighed once more and looked out the window. He pulled out of his drive way and we drove down this long road. I gazed around and it looked like a ghost town.

"Jason what are we doing?" I asked. He looked at me and chuckled, his eyes were now black. What's going on? "You'll see baby," he said dryly. He was really creeping me out. He never acted this weird before. I've only seen two sides of Jason; the side where he smiles a lot and can be pretty sweet and the other side where he goes crazy and doesn't let anything stand in his way, but I've never seen this creepy and eerie side of him, and let me tell you... I don't like it.

After a while of driving he pulled up to a bank. I looked at him while furrowing my eyebrows. "What are we doing here?" I asked. He threw a ski mask on my lap and then sat a black revolver (gun) on top of it. My eyes widened. "Put the pieces together babe; a ski mask, a gun, and a bank. What does it look like we're doing?" he asked. "No Jason! No. No. No," I shrieked. "Oh yes babe," he laughed.

"I will not do this!" I stated. "You'll do it or I'll go find your mommy and daddy and kill them. Your choice," he said. I put my head down in defeat. "Okay babe, so you'll put that mask on and keep the gun in your pocket. You go up to the first accountant you see and tell them to give you money. Shoot anyone who gets in your way. When you shoot don't just pull the trigger, squeeze it. Oh, and remember if you try to escape or you fail this, I will kill your parents," he explained, acting like it was the easiest job ever. I began to shake a little bit and I nodded.

I exited his car and pulled the mask over my face. My heart was beating so loudly and I felt as if I was going to collapse. I ran up the steps and into the building. I went up to the first accountant. She saw the mask on my face and you could just smell the fear coming from her. "Give me the money!" I yelled. "I-I'm afraid I-I can't do that," she stuttered. I took out the gun and pointed it at her. I felt so guilty, but what other choice do I have?

"Do it or I'll shoot you!" I yelled. I felt something grab my shoulder and I turned around to see a huge security guard standing there. I took the gun and squeezed the trigger shooting him three times in the chest. He fell to the ground gasping for breath as a puddle of blood sat around him. Everybody in the building began to scream and rush out. I turned back to the lady and her mascara was a mess and tears rolled down her cheeks. Her lips quivered as she handed me a sack of money.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to her as I ran out of the building. I ran as fast as I could. I heard police sirens coming from down the street. I opened the car door and threw the bag of money onto Jason's lap and he pulled out of the lot and sped away. The police didn't notice us because so much was happening right now. You could hear the cries and screams from people behind me. This is all my fault.

Jason's P.O.V
*
20 minutes later*

We arrived back at my house and I hopped out of the car and so did Carter. We walked on the walkway that led to my front door. I made my way to the front door and unlocked it. I walked inside and Carter followed after me. I sat on the couch and I patted the cushion next to me, motioning Carter to sit down. She walked over and sat down. I looked in the bag and saw at least ten grand sitting inside. I licked my lips and looked up at her, "You did well baby." She just nodded with a traumatized look on her face.

I chuckled as I turned the TV on. The news popped up and the lady started talking. "Police say that earlier today there was a robbery down at the local PNC bank. Maria Anne Truman was the accountant working the line whenever a woman came up and demanded cash. Maria denied the woman's request. The woman pulled out a gun and threatened to shoot her if she didn't give her the money. Thirty-seven year old Tom Smith was working as the security guard today. He tried to stop the mystery woman, but before he could do anything, she shot him three times in the chest killing him instantly. His wife and two children are devastated and the memorial service will be held-" the news reporter said after being cut off by Carter screaming.

"TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF!" She screamed. Then she started to cry hysterically and she let out many sobs.

***

Word count: 1,524
Hello guys, pretty intense chapter! Please vote and comment. I really enjoy reading your feedback!

For a faster update:

2 comments
&
10 votes.