Chapter 20: This Kiss

Carter's P.O.V

*Three days later*

Everyone is heartbroken. Nothing will ever be the same without Jenna especially me. Jason tried everything he could to revive her. We even tried taking her to the hospital but she was pronounced dead as soon as we got her in the building. Three days have passed and no one was really talking to each other. Jason hasn't come out of his room since everything had happened. Jason had lost everyone who was ever important to him. I know this because Jenna told me but Jason doesn't know that I'm willing to be there for him. He may have kidnapped me but he is putting his life on the line for me at this point.

Ryan and James are trying to pin point Fran's location because this incident is all her fault. If she didn't tell Johnson our location then Jenna would still be here with me talking about Justin Bieber. She would probably be so mad right now because 'Jelena' is reunited. Jenna always thought that Justin was hers and I thought it was cute. I felt a tears slip down my cheek as I continued to think about her. After all, she was my best friend.

Ricky and Kelly are online right now trying to find a place for us to stay. Johnson sent his men over so that means he will be coming over as soon as he finds out that his men failed the mission. We are leaving this place today and we are going to drive to South Carolina. The gang said he would least suspect us at South Carolina because Jason hates the ocean.

Kelly was lending me some of her clothes until Jason decides to take me out again. Jason has no idea that we are leaving so the gang is making me tell him. I walked to Jason's bedroom and knocked on the door. There was no answer so I opened the door without his permission. I saw him lying on the bed and he was 'sleeping'.

"Jason, I know you aren't sleeping." I said and I heard him groan. "Leave." He said with no emotion in his voice what-so-ever. "Jason! We are leaving here in a few hours. Please just be cooperative." I sighed and he scoffed. He was trying to act all tough but I know he is broken. "I'll get my stuff together whenever I want to. I'm the boss of this group not you." He spat and I sat on the edge of the bed.

"Quit acting like you are okay." I said and he furrowed his eyebrows. "What?" he said while clenching his jaw. "I said quit acting like you are okay. Just because you are upset doesn't mean that you are weak. You may be one of the strongest people I know. I bet if someone else took me away they wouldn't even think twice about giving me to Johnson but you are different. Jenna was so lucky to have you as her role model and I don't think that Jenna would want you to mourn over her death." I sighed and looked at him. His eyes softened and he ran his fingers through his hair. "T-Thank you." He stuttered.

I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arms around him. He scooted closer to me and sat his head on my shoulder. It was really sad to see him so vulnerable. "Do you hate me?" he asked. "What? No!" I said and he smiled. "Good." He whispered. He sniffled a bit and he rubbed his eyes. "Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded. "Just a bit tired, that's all." He lied. I can tell when he is lying but I didn't say anything.

"We have to pack your stuff." I said and he groaned. "We don't have to pack much." I laughed. "I'm not in the mood for this." He sighed. "Fine, I want you to lay there and I'll hold things up. Tell me if you want to pack it or not." I playfully rolled my eyes and he smiled. I'm happy that I'm cheering him up.

I opened up his drawers and held up a shirt that had the supra symbol on it. He nodded his head like a little kid and I tossed it into our bag. I held up a formal shirt that buttoned up. He shook his 'no' and scrunched his nose up in disgust. "Why? I like this one." I said confused and he laughed. "My gang would tease me if they saw me in that." I rolled my eyes at him and threw the shirt back in the drawer.

After about an hour of holding every single thing he had up, we finally finished. He wouldn't pack any of his nice clothes. He only wanted his baggy pants and tee shirts. He said that he wanted to pack all of his shoes but I only limited him to three pairs. He ended up packing his red, white, and black Supras.

"Jason you have to get ready, we'll be leaving in like a half hour." I said. "Why can't we just stay here?" he asked. "Do you want to be killed?!" I exclaimed. "N-No." he whispered with a frown playing on his lips. "Take these." I said and I handed him an outfit. He got up from bed and walked towards the bathroom door. I heard the shower turn on and the sound of the water hitting the ground made me fall asleep.

---

"Carter wake up." Someone whispered while shaking me. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. "What?" I said and there stood Jason with nothing on but a towel. Oh my god his abs were perfectly sculpted and I just wanted to-

"Um, Carter? Did you hear what I said?" he said snapping me out of my thoughts. "U-Um, no." I felt my cheeks heat up and he laughed. "I said I need your help." He laughed again. "W-with what?" I said stuttering like an ass. "Well, how do you work a hair dryer?" he said slightly embarrassed. "Why can't you work a hair dryer?" I laughed. "Well, um. Jenna used to do my hair." He said looking down but I can tell that he was more embarrassed than upset.

"Oh, so pretty boy doesn't know how to do his own hair?" I teased trying to lighten up the topic. "I can't just be this perfect without any help." He said in his infamous cocky voice. "Oh, shut it." I giggled and grabbed his hand. I felt sparks running through my hands, if that makes any sense. I pulled him into the bathroom and plugged in the hair dryer. I grabbed a brush from the cabinet. He was a bit too tall for me so it was hard to reach. "One second. Stay in here." He said.

After about five minutes he came into the bathroom. He was wearing the clothes I picked out for him. I clicked the hairdryer on and I tried to reach up to his head but it was kind of hard to style his hair considering he was so tall. "Here, let me help you." He said and he lifted me up and sat me on the counter. I put my legs at his sides and I began to blow dry his hair.

I never even realized how close we were. I looked up at him and he smiled. He started to lean in. Wait, what?! I didn't do or say anything until his lips finally pressed against mine. I kissed back and nothing seemed to bother me anymore. I forgot about my past, my parents, Jenna, and everything that went wrong in my life didn't really seem to matter right now.

***

Word count: 1,322

Sorry this chapter Is a bit short! But they kissed. Im sorry about jennas passing but it'll get better trust me. JELENA is supposedly back together! I really hope its fake because I never really had a strong liking for selena. Don't hate me for my opinion please. ANYWAYS, 1.1K VOTES OMFG AND 15K READS IM ACTUALLY KIND OF PROUD OF MYSELF FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TYSM

For a quicker update:

60 votes

&

25 comments.