Chapter 19: Failed

Chapter 19: Failed.

Jason’s P.O.V

*The next morning*

I woke up sprawled out on the bed and I looked over to see Carter missing. I smirked at the empty space and shook my head. Last night was hilarious. She wouldn’t sleep with me at the beginning and I guess you could say that it hurt.. my feelings? Okay, I’m not good at expressing myself. Anyways, Jenna ended up convincing her to sleep with me and that is why I love my little princess aka Jenna. I ended up wrapping my arms around her and it didn’t even feel half bad. I actually kind of liked it. She squirmed around a lot when I first put my arms around her but after a while she just let herself relax.

My phone started to ring and I picked it up off of the night stand. I put it against my ear and sighed. “Hello.” I said. “Mr. McCann, your house is ready to live in. We finished the house inspection and everything seems to be alright. You can come over today if you like.” Mr. Randolph explained. “Thanks dude, I owe you one. I’ll be over soon. Bye.” I said before disconnecting the call.

I stood up from the bed and arched my back - it cracked four times - I let a yawn escape my mouth and I rubbed my eyes. It’s too early for this shit. I glanced at the clock and it was 12:00 pm. It’s like the middle of the mother fucking night for me, I usually don’t wake up till 4:30-ish.

I walked out of the bedroom to see everyone sitting down on the couch watching TV. “Yo, get your stuff guys. We are going to be leaving soon.” I said and everyone let out a groan, Lazy asses. Everyone stood up slowly and exited the room besides Carter and Jenna. They sat there with frowns on their faces. “What’s wrong?” I asked and they just shrugged their shoulders.

“Well, you hurried us out of the house so fast that we forgot to pack anything.” Jenna said glumly. “I’ll take you two out to get clothes. Let’s go.” I laughed and they shot up from the couch.

---

We were in the car on our way to the local mall. I had my shades on and my hat was on and the brim covered my face. Carter had her hood up and Jenna was only wearing sunglasses. The gang was at my new house and they were unpacking all of their shit. I designed a few of the rooms myself and I made the girls’ rooms really nice. I even made the walls pink because Jenna loves pink. I assume Carter likes pink too because that was the color of her shirt that she was wearing whenever I took her. Wait, how do I even remember that?

Okay, I know for a fact I like Carter but I’m keeping it a secret. I don’t want my gang thinking I am a p*ssy but they are already suspicious about it. Why can’t they ever just leave me be for once? Instead, they pick at me and tease me even though I can blow their brains out in a split second but I’d never shoot them. They are my best friends even though they are annoying as fuck.

 I bet you that if my mom were here she’d be yelling at me because I’m not being man enough to go and tell Carter that I like her. Even if I did tell Carter she’d probably just laugh in my face and slap me. I know she hates me. Why wouldn’t she? I took her away from her life for my own selfish reasons. I was afraid that Johnson would kill me if I didn’t get him what he wanted. I should’ve just left her alone because if I hadn’t taken her she’d probably be at her house hanging out with her friends. All I did was put her in danger. I’d be stupid to actually think that she would give me a chance. Even if I did have a chance I’d end up screwing it up somehow. I mean I’m Jason McCann. I screw everything up, always.