{Chapter 7}

Moral: The most beautiful things in life may be small or may not be things at all. They can be people or places or feelings. Don't underestimate the influence of little things.

After the Infirmary, Chase brought Lyric to the Omega's Lounge where they rest after chores and duties. It was a very large room with a fire place for warmth. There were cozy corners and shelves of books. Many Omegas were inside, chatting, reading, sleeping or watching movies. A typical Omega is shy, sensitive and not as strong as any other wolf.

They cast weary looks to Lyric who was inwardly softly smiling at the sight although her face was hard to read. Omegas were generally ill-treated. It could range from very light negligence to severe abuse. Felicity waved to Lyric with her innocent grin and then slipped into the fantasy land of 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'.

"To end our delightful tour," Chase grinned charmingly, "I wanna show you this." With that Chase took off at high speed, running toward the Eclipse Manor. The evening sun was hidden behind the fluffy white pop-corn shaped clouds. Lyric shrugged lazily, jogging behind him. The sight in front of her touched her deeply.

There they were ; the pups of the Pack playing joyfully carelessly around the veranda and the closest section of the garden. They shifted in their tiny wolf forms and tried to playfully tackle one another, chasing each other or simply sitting and giggling away. It was adorable. Lyric felt a sense of emptiness inside her, recollecting her own childhood.

"My mom gave you a tour of the Pack House the other day so I don't think its necessary for another," Chase said. His eyes were focussed on the pups. The mothers wearily observed Lyric, ready to attack her at any minute.

At this moment, Chase purposefully put his hand near Lyric's. When their hands brushed together, it created a passionate spark between them. 'Dang Mate Bond!' Lyric swore in her head. Her head snapped up to meet his eyes with an accusing glare.

"I hope you enjoyed today Lyric 'cause I sure did. Thanks for that," he admitted truthfully to her. Lyric was not like most girls. She did not want extravagant parties or fancy dinners. Chase's mere company kept her happy all day by little occurrences. It is rightly said that quite often, the littlest things take up the most room in our hearts.

Throughout the evening and night of that day, many wolves came to individually introduce themselves to Lyric and to determine for themselves their own opinions on her.

* * * * * * * * * *

Roxanne walked over to Lyric with a large grin, "Lyric! What's up?" Lyric shrugged, "There ain't much I can do. Jace might shoot me for breathing too hard." She gestured to the boy who was not so discreetly keeping an eye on her.

She spotted behind Roxanne three Pack Eclipsers; two she-wolves around her age group and a pup who was no older than four.

"Hello! My name is Melissa and this is my best friend, Amelia. We're both Guardians. I had to come here and admit that I admire your bravery to save a daughter of this Pack. Thank you." Melissa had short blonde hair and an athletic girlish frame. Amelia was a brunette with completely blue eyes. 

"Nice to meet you, Melissa and Amelia," Lyric said, sitting up with her back straight as she held out her hand stiffly. Melissa and Amelia embraced her in a huge hug, making Lyric feel like she was being choked. 'Why do these people like hugging?' Lyric dramatically cried out in her head.

Lyric then went down on her knees to the pup who was staring at her with wide eyes, "Now, who's this little pup?" "My daughter," Melissa acknowledged, lovingly. The girl was a redhead with doe-like eyes. She was adorable. "I'm Kaitlynn." Lyric bit her lip so that she didn't go out of character, "Hey there Kaitlynn, I'm Lyric."

Kaitlynn blushed and shoved a paper into Lyric's hands. She hurriedly scurried off into the crowded Pack House where she fitted herself comfortably in a Beta's lap in the Recreation Room. Lyric opened the piece of paper to see the words ' Thank you' written.

The handwriting was clearly Kaitlynn's as the strokes of the 'k' were on the wrong side and was shakily formed. Lyric told herself that that paper was something she'd treasure for as long as she lived. Roxanne gushed, "Isn't she simply adorable?" Lyric nodded. Her lips twitched slightly.

With a squeal, Roxanne explained that Luna Evelyn appointed her, Melissa and Amelia to accompany Lyric on a shopping trip for her own clothing items the following day. "What?! I don't have any money!" Lyric pointed out with an irritated voice.

"Your Mate is the Alpha's son. You can get a shitload of cash-" Amelia began but was cut off by Lyric. "That does not mean I'm gonna take his money like that," she firmly decided, "I can't accept favours like that." Roxanne looked deep in thought, "Think of it as a thank you gift for Hope."

The remainder of the day passed by like a blur. Chase was busy and studying World Werewolf History. He constantly zoned out and was distracted by thoughts of Lyric. He was hoping to meet her alone again soon.

Lyric, on the other hand, was actually becoming friends with the three she-wolves and liked their company. She knew much about them yet gave no more information about herself than she gave Chase.

Melissa's maternal Pack was Blue Moon Pack but she was mated to another Guardian and moved a couple years aback. Amelia and Roxanne was still in search of their mates.

"My mom said my mouth was a nuisance and that she wondered if my mate could handle it," Roxanne giggled with a sad look in her eyes. "You're a young, beautiful and talented she-wolf, Roxanne. You're brilliant and I can assure you that your mouth is not a deterrent," Lyric spoke without much thought but immense meaning to it.

"Thank you!" Roxanne beamed. Her heart swelled with happiness, "You know you're not all that scary considering you're THE Shadow Rogue." "It's because I have not given you a reason to be afraid yet," Lyric replied knowingly.

-Nightthinker ©||2017