{Chapter 5}

Moral: Simplicity and complexity need each other. You'd be surprised at how well opposites harmonize with each other.

Chase's attention turned to the long thin scar across her cheek, "So how'd ya get that scar?" He attempted to learn about her, unknowingly heading into a dangerous conversation.

She looked at him blankly and popped a piece of carrot in her mouth, "Why are you asking?" "Cause we're Mates and I'd like to know you," he answered looking into her eyes. "I've never heard of a better conversation starter. So instead of asking my name Alpha Chase Arden, you ask my touchy personal history?" she snorted with a raised eyebrow. Sarcasm and bitterness laced her words.

He frowned as she addressed him as Alpha and that he upset her. "I'm trying!" he lamely defended himself, realizing he genuinely did not know her name. "What is your name?", he questioned, eager to know. "Let me ask you this," she spoke slightly mischievously, "What component of a song houses feeling?"

He was confused. "What does that have to do with anything?" "That's the answer to your question. I'm pretty tired. Today has been quite eventful. See ya round maybe," with that she put the plate on the bench, walking away haughtily. Before he could register what she said, she left the garden.

"What component of a song houses feeling?" he repeated quietly to himself "Things that make up a song? music? instruments? artists? vocals? words? How could that be related to her name? What could be her name?" He groaned frustrated. How was he going to get her to answer more personal questions if she was being this difficult with disclosing her name?

He yelled out frustrated, "WORDY?! IS THAT IT? IS THAT YOUR NAME?" From the little distance, she heard him clearly and smirked very slightly. "Keep guessing," she spoke but not loud enough for him to hear.

Luna Evelyn met her at the door and introduced herself formally. "Where is Chase?" she inquired, standing on her tip toes as she peered in the garden. "In the garden" the Rogue answered turning away to hide her growing devious smirk.

Luna Evelyn heard a childish mischievousness in her voice rather than that of a murderous psychopath. This was what made the woman a motherly figure to all.

"Luna, where am I going to sleep?" She was a tiny bit scared for the answer but refused to let it show. If it was in Chase's room, she was definitely going to run from there. "Depends on where you'd like but since you two just met, for the sake of comfort, if you don't mind, you may sleep in a guest bedroom."

She showed herself physically carefree but mentally, she was bowing and yelling praises to the Moon Goddess and Luna Evelyn. She definitely did not want to share a bedroom with a hormonal young man whom she didn't know - Mate or not.

"I think a tour of the Pack House would be suitable right now," Evelyn laughed kindly. It took half an hour to actually tour the entire interior of the Pack House. To remember the location of the bedrooms, bathrooms, laundries, kitchens, living rooms and a few others was quite a task.

She particularly took a liking to the music room and its assortment of instruments and the library and its trillions of books. As she explored more of the Eclipse Manor, she became more and more impressed with the comfort and wealth of the Pack.

"You will be sleeping here. Unless you would like another room," Luna Evelyn kindly inquired. The Rogue stared in awe at the beauty of the room. There was a large bed, covered in the fluffiest blankets she ever saw. The framework was carved in such intricate designs.

There was also a matching dresser and a wardrobe. She appreciated the huge window and the cozy seating area beneath it. The bathroom was another realm of heaven. There was both a shower and a bath tub.

"I'll arrange for some clothes for you." Luna Evelyn hugged the girl, surprising her greatly. The Luna had vaguely reminded her of her own mother. "Please take care. Good night, my child," Luna Evelyn gave her a warm smile and walked out of the room.

Soon after, shy Felicity and extroverted Hope arrived with a bag of neatly folded clothes, "Ma'am, I- I've gathered all the clothes I could." Although the Rogue had an emotionless expression, there was a warm look in her eyes that soothed the nerves of both girls. "No Ma'am, I'm young enough and thank you but no, I'll be fine," she spoke.

Hope reached forward and hugged the Rogue which immediately made the Rogue ask herself, 'Is it a Pack thing? All this hugging?' "Thank you so very much for your bravery today," Hope stated, "I don't even wanna imagine what could've happened if you hadn't shot that arrow so thank you."

"Don't thank me. I hate men who let their hormones control their mind. I'm glad he hasn't done much damage." She could barely keep the growl out of her voice. "If you need anything, just say," Felicity offered. The Rogue nodded.

As soon as both young girls took off, she entered the shower. She didn't bother turning the heater on and bathed herself with the freezing cold water. It was only then she realized that she was coated in grime and dirt. "What happened today?" she asked herself in a defeated manner.

"Oh Moon Goddess, please know what you're doing. I can't endure any more pain." These were one of the few moments when Lyric allowed herself to be emotional otherwise she would never dare show the slightest of tears to anyone.

Finding her mate was a very terrifying event in her life and it worried her greatly. In that shower, she made a great decision - to completely disregard any romantic feelings that may grow as she stayed in the Eclipse Ray Pack.

"No one will ever love a monster like me," her whisper held various emotions that were simply bottled inside her. She changed into a large t-shirt and sweatpants and dropped on the bed. Falling asleep, for the very first time after the incident, in a comfortable manner.

Now in his parents; company, Chase was staring off into the distance, thinking, 'What could it be? Building blocks of a song....then it'd be every song and every song needs artists and words. That means its either Musically, Artsy or Wordy and I'm actually willing to think the former option...'

A thought struck him as he whispered the name of his beloved, "Lyric." His face lit up like a child on Christmas morning. He raced back inside to share his joy with his loving parents. He figured out his Mate's name. "Lyric," he yelled, loving the way her name rolled off his tongue.

"IT'S LYRIC," Chase yelled, flinging opening his parents' bedroom door. "Who is Lyric, sweetheart?" Evelyn asked in confusion. "My Mate," he explained dreamily. "Quite a beautiful name," Evelyn admitted. 

"I'm not sure what to think of this entire 'Shadow Rogue is my daughter-in-law' scenario yet but for the Pack's sense of security, you'll show her around Territory tomorrow. Keep an eye on her," Harry instructed.

Chase nodded understandingly. His father was the Alpha and his decisions are taken for the best interest of the Pack. Chase dashed to his room. Finding his Mate was the best thing that could ever happen to him. He was prepared to be the best possible Mate there is. He vowed to protect her, support her and love her no matter what.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The gif above^ represents Felicity (Rowan Blanchard; brown hair) and Hope (Sabrina Carpenter; blonde)

-Nightthinker ©||2017