Going in circles

I woke up the next morning as i sat up i saw Carter all dressed up.

"What's going on?? " I asked. 

"I got invited to a family party " he said as he fixed his tie"

"Why didn't you tell me? " i asked him. 

"Umm i was kinda planning to go by myself "

"Why?  You don't want me to go? "

"Is not that is just that, i don't want people seeing you " 

"Why?? "

"Because......  Some of my family already know what's been going on with me and the company,  they're going to think your just another one of my toys" he told me as he avoided eye contact.

"am i? " i asked seriously. 

"No....... Your actually different. I don't see you as my toy as i do to other girls" he told me as he came to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Then can i go? " i asked. 

"No"

"Awww come on, i won't do anything that can give it away " i begged. 

"Ugh fine,  but stay by my side at all times. " he demanded me. 

"okay I'll get ready "

+-/+-/*+/*+/

CARTER'S POV:
I was waiting on her when she finally came out of the bathroom. She looked gorgeous, i couldn't keep my eyes off of her.

"Haha what? " she said as she catch my attention. 

"You just look so gorgeous "

"Thank you" she replied. 

I stood still as she came up to me and gave me a small and soft kiss on the cheek. 

"we better get going " i told her as i held her hand.

"okay"

We made our way out the house and into the car. 

+-/*-/*-/*-
We had finally made it to party. My family was pretty rich so there was mostly classy and formal people in the party. I fixed my tie and held Nicole's hand. As we walked in more into the party we started catching people's attention.  Nicole looked at me worried by the way my family and friends were looking at us both. 

"CARTER!! " my aunt Helen said with full joy as she came to me. 

She hugged me and gave me a massive kiss on my cheek. 

"Aunt Helen what a pleasure to see you again " i replied. 

"oh Carter baby it's been years,  you've grown so much "

"I know aunt Helen and you've stayed as sweet of a person as i remembered"

"And who's this lovely young lady? " she asked. 

"She's.... Umm... My girlfriend " i told her. 

"Aww Carter she's gorgeous " she said as she shook Nicole's hand. 

"Thank you and is a pleasure to meet you Helen" Nicole added. 

"Come this way" Helen to us as she walked further. 

We followed her across the backyard.

"I see you're very close to your aunt Helen " Nicole said in a low voice. 

"Yeah she took care of me and brothers"

"That's sweet of her "

We finally made it to the table and sat down. I greeted everyone in the table. 

"Carter so tell us what you been up to?" one of my uncles asked.

"Working" i replied. 

"We've heard what happened to your business building " one of them said seriously as they drank wine. 

I stayed quiet for a good moment. 

"Not to be disrespectful but.....  That's none of your business " i said politely. 

"Carter....  I know the loss of your mother, your brother and your ex wife has affected you so much but you have to make better decisions for yourself.  I'm pretty sure they will all want that from you." Helen mentioned.

"The only death that scars me is the one of my brother Max,  he wasn't supposed to die.  It was just that my other brother was insane,  some might say he's a psychopath. " i told them. 

NICOLE'S POV:
Hearing these sad events that had happened to Carter made me relate so much to them.  My dad had died the same way.  He got killed by his brother and i never got to meet him.  Surprisingly my Dad's name was also Max. 

💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭
VOTE AND COMMENT;)