Again, everything gets to be my fault.

None of this would happen if it wasn't for me. Mike would never have to be in this situation. I don't know for Thayer, because just like me, he's also an escapee.

"So how do we go back there?" I asked.

The two guys looked at each other, seeming to think of a logical solution to answer my question.

A gust of wind blew my cheeks, making me shiver. I'm only wearing a thin white shirt, a cardigan draped on my shoulders, but it wasn't working that much to keep me warm. I hugged my arms to my body, offering a teensy bit of warmth in it as I wait for the other two to come up with a plan.

I'm not good with plans, so I always let them be. But sometimes I think that's a disadvantage. What would happen if they weren't here? If I have no one but myself?

"What if. . .," Thayer trailed off, "we sneak there tomorrow, maybe afternoon? But we need to make sure that the cops weren't lingering around there anymore, then once we're clear, we sneak in. Scar, you get that chat with your parents, tell them you'd come back but we just have to work things out. And then Mike and I would get everything we might need, wallet phone or whatever and then we drive back to my apartment after. We don't have to take long, we need to act fast."

"That would be good," Mike piped up, "we use the backdoor, of course."

I nodded, but a thought crossed my mind, "but. . . Where are we sleeping?"

✂------------------------------------------

"Here," Thayer motioned for me to come over and sit beside him on the empty space under the tree we have found and all agreed to be good enough to stay the night, next to where Mike is standing.

I settled myself down next to him, and he draped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me close, and despite of the coldness of the wind that the night has to offer, I found warmth in Thayer's arms. Maybe I could sleep like this and just forget everything before the sun shines again.

"Feeling sleepy?" Thayer asked, and I nodded my head hoping he'd see it. I wasn't really in the mood to talk right now since sleep is all what's been circling around my head, aside from the thought of the cops finding us.

I'm trying to push every negative thought at the far back of my mind.

I heard Mike clear his throat as he moved from the side of the tree next to the empty space next to my right side, "Are you okay?"

"She's fine," Thayer answered him before I could even speak.

"I was asking her, not you," Mike said, and despite of feeling sleepy, I can still sense the hint of irritation in his tone.

"Well, she's close to falling asleep," Thayer said, "you shouldn't wake her up."

"I'm not waking her up if she's not asleep yet, right Scar?" Mike answered back, and I can feel his irritation growing even more with whatever Thayer's trying to do.

"Shhh," Thayer cooed, almost mocking and then whispered, "she's sleeping."

This time I spoke, adjusting my position causing Thayer's arms to detach from his hold on my shoulders, "I am not asleep yet, don't worry."

"See?" Mike said in a tone that sounded like as if he'd proved a very good point, "nooot asleep yet."

I almost laugh at the sound of them arguing, or bantering whatsoever. They're like little children.

"You know," Mike started, this time he's the one wrapping his arms around me pulling me close, "Our little friend Thayer here seems to be in a mood. Don't you think he's the one who needs sleep the most?"

"Oh come on," Thayer groaned annoyed, crossing his arms over his chest, a habit that can't seem to be broken within him.

I giggled, nodding my head just to tease Thayer. He frowned pointing at me playfully and then whined, "how dare you side with him?"

"Well," Mike shrugged, a little bit boastfully, "I can't help it if she likes me better than you."

"Oh no, I think you might be wrong on that part," Thayer interjected, "she likes me better, right Scar?"

Both of them looked at me, awaiting for my response. I laughed at their faces, taking a deep breath, "Oh come on, I like the two of you equally."

The wind blew on my cheeks, and it sent chills down my spine, not in a bad way though, just pure coldness. And it doesn't help that we don't have a roof over our heads for tonight. A massive thanks to the cops for that, especially Aubrey.

"No," Thayer said, "You can't like us both equally. I mean, you have to have your favorite. So tell me, who's your favorite between the two of us? It's me, right?"

He looks at me like a puppy waiting for his owner to play with him. I laughed at his reaction and so did Mike, "Man that wasn't right. For sure she likes me more than she likes you. I mean, I'm the first one to know her than you. I was in her life first!"

I couldn't help but let the laughter explode. That sounded overly dramatic, and so did the two of them. They both joined in on the laughter.

"Whatever," Thayer said, mocking annoyance, "Scarlett's mine. We have a connection."

"And so did Scarlett and me," Mike interjected, "and plus, you can't just claim someone to be yours especially if it's just one-sided."

"I think both of you needs to sleep," I said, stopping the two of them. Though it's fun seeing them banter, at times like this, sleepiness always wins, "Goodnight guys."

"Goodnight Scar," Thayer whispered, "we still have a long day ahead of us for tomorrow."

"Goodnight angel," Mike whispered too, before placing a kiss on the side of my head.

I wish tomorrow holds good news, I hope we never get caught.

✂------------------------------------------

Hey lovely people xx Sooo a longer update than the previous one :)
I think I kind of like this chapter so much but I don't know hahah xx

Anyway, Christmas is fast approaching omg xxx Happy Happy Happy Holidays everyone 💕💕💕

What do you think of this chapter?

And also, I just finished reading November 9 by CoHo yesterday and it was so great . Have you guys read that book? If you haven't then you should go check it out, espcially Colleen Hoover's other books too like Ugly Love, It Ends with Us (trust me you'll cry a river on this book), Confess (you better check this one out too haha xx) and a lot more I'm too lazy to list everything down. Just, if you're a huge fun of Contemporary books with great romance, then I suggest CoHo's books.

Anyway, since we're talking about books here, comment your favorite books on the comment section below or make an inline comment in here xx Don't forget to write the name of the Author of the book too :)

Have a really great week and second to the last week of 2016 ahead 💕😘

Check out: Goodbye Emiline

Thank you so much for being part of ny 2016 -- and a huge part of it -- thank you thank you from the bottom of my hypothalamus xx

march 4, 2019 - phew, what a fast 2 years ago ❣️ anyway, here's an unedited update ❣️

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan