Chapter 53

"I saw Aubrey," is the first thing that left my mouth the moment we arrived back in my parents house that night

Thayer furrowed his eyebrows, seeming to think about who Aubrey is, and I waited for him to get into realization.

The whole drive from the cemetery back home was quiet. Georgia had turned on the car radio, and that was the only sound that enveloped the whole car. As for me, I really don't know what to say. I can't say that I missed her, because honestly speaking, I've lived alone, long years of my life without them.

It's like being alone is so normal to me that having company feels like stepping out of my comfort zone.

Thayer snapped his head up after a good few minutes of wondering who might be Aubrey is, "Oh I remember! that bitch of a nurse who called Dr. Jean on us!"

I nodded, almost laughing at his reaction. Mike walked in, holding a bag full of clothes and other things from Thayer's apartment, looking at us with a curious expression, "what did I miss?"

"Scarlett saw Aubrey," Thayer blurted out before I could even open my mouth. I watched as Mike's expression shift from confusion into shock.

"What? When? How?," he asked continuously, "are you sure it's really her? did she saw you?"

"Chill man," Thayer said, standing up from his seat, with an expression that looks alarmed with the news and quite irritated with Mike's questions, "you sound like a girl."

I rolled my eyes at the two of them as Georgia came into view, staring at me for a moment before clearing her throat, "Scarlett, honey?"

I looked at both of the guys and Mike nodded for me to go and follow Georgia. I let out a sigh as I watch Georgia look at me with an expectant look in her eyes, before following her outside.

When we reached the backdoor, she motioned for me to sit beside her on the chair next to the door. I did settled  myself beside her, looking up into the sky as Geogia cleared her throat.

"I understand if you still feel angry," she started, "and you're father ane I are willing to make it up to you. For all those years that we've been absent."

I felt a pang of guilt for making her think that way. Yes, I was angry at first, but as the days passed by, I realized that it was just hurt that I'm feeling. Hurt for feeling alone after they's left me and never came back. But at the same time, I still long for them no matter how much they'd abandoned and turned their back on me those nine long years. I still want to have a family, a loving parents.

"It's not that I'm mad, or angry," I said, "it's just that I'm hurt and confused."

I can feel her gaze on me the moment I said that, and then she spoke, "Why don't you live here from now on? And then we'll start over. Your father and I would really love that."