Chapter 55

My legs feels weak twenty minutes into running away from my parent's house

My legs feels weak twenty minutes into running away from my parent's house. I stumbled twice while running through this place earlier, and Thayer has my hand on his the whole time, ensuring that I didn't lose sight of the way and get left behind.

"How far yet?" I asked, trying to catch my breath as I tried to keep pace with the two other guys.

"Just far enough for the cops to lose us," Mike answered until he finally came to a stop, under a tree, leaning his back against it as he too, struggled to keep his breathing.

"Aubrey did it, didn't she?" I asked, thinking about how my eyes grew wide at the sight of her, and for sure maybe she did too after seeing me. My hair may be dyed into a different color but that didn't mean she won't recognize me.

"Of course that bitch would," Thayer spat, finally letting go of my hand as he sat onto the ground.

I did sat on the ground too, suddenly feeling the thirst for water. But there's no any drinks that we have in hand right now, unfortunately. We weren't prepared.

And I'm actually worried about my parents.

"What do we do next?" I asked, looking at the both of them, "do we head back or?"

"I think we're going back to Thayer's apartment," Mike said looking at Thayer, which looked down on his feet then up to the sky before saying, "I guess that's what we're doing."

The sky is pitch black, and I'm feeling sleepy. I don't know what time is it, but one thing is for sure, it's late at night. And we're out here in the woods, after running in this direction hiding from the cops. We can't get into the main road because for sure they'll see us. And also, we didn't have the chance to get Mike's car since obviously, if we do that, we're probably back in the sanitarium by now.

"How are we even going to get there?" Thayer asked after a few moments of sitting in silence, "we don't have the car, and we can't go back to Scarlett's parent's house."

"And plus, Thayer's apartment is far from here if I'm not mistaken, right?" I added.

Mike sighed then turned to Thayer, "Do you have your wallet with you?"

"I left it," Thayer answered, frustrated, "I didn't thought I would be needing that in the middle of the night."

I looked at Thayer, then at Mike, and then into my feet, then up to the sky. My heart is still beating fast because of the run we had earlier, and I still feel dehydrated, and nervous. The cops were onto us, and my nightmare of going back, being locked up in the sanitarium might come true if we didn't act fast and think clearly and right.

"I guess we have no choice but to carefully make our way back in the house," Mike said after a long mi.ute of just staring into each other, "we need the money, and the car."

"And I need to see my parents," I added, "I need to know if they're okay."

We just met, a week ago. We just started to bond, though awkward at first, it's getting better. And it would really suck if that would just start to stop again.