Chapter 29

Unknown P

Unknown P.O.V

I hide behind the abandoned room near where the patient records are stored. Smiling to myself, I watch as they exited the room I had intentionally opened earlier. 

The two of them are now making their way towards the records room. I peek into the small slit of the door as I watch them talk for a bit as Mike later on opens the door with the keys he stole a month ago.

After about a good ten minutes, I exited the room I am hiding at and started walking towards the patient records room. Making slow steps but making sure that it would be loud enough to be heard by the two of them.

"Is anybody in there?" I shout flashing on the flashlight I have in hand.

I hear shuffling of papers and a few murmurs. Smirking, I reach the room they were in and start opening the door slowly. Again, another murmurs and I'm sure I heard Mike.

When I enter the room, the lights are on and I turned the switch off but not before getting a glimpse of fingers that they failed to hide as they obviously ducked under the table. Poor idiots. Closing the door, I know I had done my work.

✂------------------------------------------      

"So how did it go?" she asks me as I open the door to her office. I walk towards her table and take a seat on the chair next to it. 

"They did go down in there, except the other patient wasn't with them," I proudly say, "and I managed to do exactly what you instructed."

A mischievous grin played on her lips as she puts her hands together placing her chin on top of it. She nods in satisfaction looking at me straight in the eye, "Good."

"What did you do exactly with those?" I ask referring to the contents of the brown envelope she handed to me earlier that morning.

"Oh my son," she laughs halfheartedly tucking a lose strand of hair beneath her ears, "let's just say that I add a little touch on those, making it more... let just say something really interesting."

"So what are you planning next?" I smirk, asking as I made myself comfortable on the chair, leaning my back against it.

She lightly laughs as she leans herself back putting her arms over her chest, "Well, it's a good one, and it includes punishing one traitor employee."

I know exactly who she's talking about, and as a big smirk crosses her features, I manage to flash a grin too. Whatever that plan is, I would know it exactly later. And I know that it wouldn't be a good one.

"Well, you bite the hands of your boss," I say, "and you get punished."

She nods at me smiling to herself, "We'll talk tomorrow."

And then I was dismissed.

✂------------------------------------------      

I watch Mike's nervous expression as I pressed play towards the video file of a CCTV camera. A smirk lingers on my lips as I watch him continuously fiddle with his fingers.

"Where are the keys?" she asks looking at Mike who can't seem to look at the footage straightly. He dared to spare her a glance but then looks down on the floor shortly thereafter. 

"I-I returned it back already," he stutters a little. She looks at him with eyebrows raised as the door opens letting Dr. Jean into the scene.

"What is going on in here?" Dr. Jean asks taking a look at the computer monitor as the footage is being played.

"Some sneaky nurse has some business to make that led him to steal one of the spare keys for the records room. The CCTV footage shows it all," she explains with arms folded over her chest as she turns to look at Dr. Jean.

At first, Dr. Jean looked at Mike sympathetically, but then it quickly changed into a judgmental look with one clear of the throat from her.

"Oh I see," Dr. Jean starts, "you do know that such unwarranted acts links to consequences to take, right?"

"And do you know what happens to such employees?" she adds. I stand there at the side observing them. My work is actually quite done in here, but I am in dire need to watch for more.

This is really interesting.

"I'm really sorry," Mike apologizes, "that wouldn't happen again, I swear, I promise."

Both of the woman looked at each other and then back at Mike. She nods her head towards Dr. Jean's direction as Dr. Jean looked at me and say, "Take him."

✂------------------------------------------    

"Ugh!" Mike groans as the whip hit his back and part of his arms. He groans in pain as another whip made contact on his back. 

I myself flinched a bit at the sight. It is the first time a nurse got punished and whipped continuously like what the sanitarium does to patients who by her perspective deserves whipping.

Chris continuously hit his back with a whip, smiling like a real maniac while doing his job. Blood are already dripping down and Mike continuously groans in pain. His eyes closed, knuckles turning to white due to the pressure from curling it into a fist very hard.

"Okay that's it," Dr. Jean touches her son's arm as she orders for him to stop whipping. But he didn't budge, and he whips Mike's back hard for the last time making the poor nurse fall on his knees. 

"N-now you've learned your lesson," Dr. Jean says, but despite of the stern look, I can see that she's a bit sorry for Mike. She too has a son. 

Mike just simply nods weakly as he tries to sit properly. It must hurt really bad, and those scars would definitely take long to heal, or maybe not at all.

Lydia, the old nurse in the clinic, comes rushing into the room after a few minutes later. She has a medical kit in hand and a glass of water on the other. Chris and Dr. Jean leaves and I am forced to stay in there.

"Oh you poor boy," the old lady cries out, feeling really sorry for Mike who is now close to passing out from the pain, "here let me help you out."

She takes out an alcohol from the medical kit she brought, and a cotton fabric. Mike once again groans in pain as the alcohol made contact towards his back. The old nurse has complete aid with her, she also leaves for a moment coming back with tap water. 

After tending Mike, she hands him a new nurse uniform and let him wear it. 

He is limping on his left foot which was whipped as I walk with him towards the staff's room. It's already evening and it's time for him to sign out off his duty. Grabbing his backpack, he awkwardly stood there for a minute with eyes closed, obviously still feeling the deep pain on his back before exiting the room and out of the sanitarium.

"What happened?" the old lady nurse, Lydia, pops out of nowhere as she watches Mike leaving the sanitarium. 

With arms folded over my chest, I just say, "He made a mistake." and I left.

✂------------------------------------------    

Poor Mike :(

Who do you think were the person's involved and what do you think are their connections?

Leave your guesses and thoughts down the comment section, I'd love to hear what you have in mind.

Vote. Comment. Share. Fan