Chapter 8

I open my eyes finding myself in an empty room

I open my eyes finding myself in an empty room. This is similar to my room but the same metal bed and the wooden chair isn't there. There is a broken mirror lying on the floor. I stand up from my seat and walk slowly aiming to go to the door. It is halfway open, I push it open and then I see myself. Sitting at a bench outside the room I was just in. 

I stare at my hands, my feet, I touch my forehead. I know this is just another dream--no scratch that, a nightmare-- again, but I don't want to think it for a while, because if I do, I know I'd probably wake up in my old lonely room. And this time, I need answers. Maybe this nightmare has something to do with what had happened eight years ago.

I walk towards the bench, where I am seated -- the old me, I guess-- with my bare foot. She is humming. The girl, -a.k.a younger me- is wearing the same clothes I find her with on my last nightmare. Five more steps, and I would be able to come face to face with my younger version. 

Three...

Two...

Before I could take the last step, the figure looked at me, pointedly. A shiver rushed through me, and I felt my legs go weak. She is looking at me, with disgust written all over her face. I tried to take a step back but then my back pressed against a wall.

There isn't a wall here before.

I tried screaming, but no words came out. And then suddenly, I feel like I can't breathe. The younger version of me walked towards me, but then slowly, her face decayed. And then there are flies flying around from her mouth. And then I felt a prickle of liquid from my face. I touched it, but it isn't liquid nor sweat. Then suddenly, there is a mirror in front of me, my face is decaying too. I open my mouth to scream but it went down, decaying from my body.

My eyes grew wide, and then it fell on the floor, I was dying...

✂------------------------------------------    

I opened my eyes, chest heaving. My heart is beating so fast it feels like I've been running a hundred miles. I was so scared to see that figure, myself decaying. I placed my hand on my chest, feeling the unsteady and heavy pounding of it.

The door opens revealing Mike. He rushes into my side along with another nurse, "Are you alright?"

I looked at them, but that's all I can do. I can't seem to tell my body to do anything. My mind isn't working.

"We heard screaming, is anything alright?" the other nurse asks. I look at her, and then at Mike and then back to the ceiling. I try to steady my breath, my heartbeat, but it's so hard when images of myself decaying is still visible in my mind.

"Here drink this," the other nurse hands me a cup of water and when I was about to take it, it falls onto the floor. Her hands... I got so terrified when I see her hands decaying too. I look at her, her face swarming with flies, I backed away on the bed and I leaned against the wall. I look at Mike, "drink" he said, with the smirk playing on his lips, oh my gosh, he's decaying too.