Chapter 31

Thayer's POV

I don't have any idea what Scarlett found out

I don't have any idea what Scarlett found out. I don't know what's on her records that made her back out with the plan and I hate it.

I do believe she's innocent, I don't think she's psycho or anything but mental. Maybe she's bipolar or something but not psycho. I have a gut feeling that whatever terrible thing that she found out, it was manipulated.

Greenfields Sanitarium isn't the best hospital for the mentally ill people in my opinion. It keeps the patients from getting out rather than helping them get better and leave this place. It wants people in and not out.

That's what they're doing to me now, and what they did to my sister once.

It's a long story actually. My sister was twelve when she started to show signs of being a schizophrenic. We went in here to have her checked, and a doctor assisted us, I think her name is Meredith something. Dr. Meredith, that I'm sure of.

She became my sister's psychiatrist for a month, at first she told us that she was showing signs of improvement, and she prescribed a medicine or two which was meant for my sister to be taken twice a day. But she never got better, until Dr. Meredith suggested that we admit her in here.

And even if it's against my mother's will, she agreed. As day goes by, my sister gets worse and worse. She became really insane after three months of taking those medicines, to which I should've done my research as to what it is. I am no medical student so I trusted the doctors, but I think that was a huge mistake.

It broke my heart to see my sister act like someone she wasn't. We visited her every week, she doesn't look okay. I remember that one time, when we paid her a visit and then she stared at me with sad eyes, and then she started crying, begging me to get her out of this place. She looks petrified, but as much as I wanted to help, I couldn't. 

But as her brother, I should have done something. Anything.

And then a week later, they wouldn't let us visit anymore. Change of rules or something. Dr. Meredith told us that it was a code red situation, meaning that it wasn't safe for her to have visitors. 

And that's when I had a gut feeling that something was up.

We didn't agree at first, but again, we couldn't do anything. 

Until one day, a sanitarium staff called, and my sister is dead.

I shake the memory out of my mind. That's one of the many reasons why I don't want to trust the staffs in here, why I don't want Scarlett to get involved and invest her trust to the staffs. It's difficult.

I've been pacing around my room for about half an hour now, thinking about how I'd get to convince Scarlett to change her plan again. How could I convince her that she needs to escape this damned place?