Chapter 57

I woke up to movements inside the room

I woke up to movements inside the room. A girl, maybe about my age, was rummaging through the only drawer inside the spare room I was sleeping at. Her back is turned to me so I can't see her face exactly. I squinted my eyes and brought myself into a sitting position.

"Who are you?" I asked rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

The girl stopped with whatever she was doing, then after a whole minute, she turned around to face me.

My heart almost dropped.

The girl looked exactly like me. Well, except for the hair color, she has the original color that I once had compared to mine's strawberry blonde one now.

Shannon.

"Hey sissy," she greeted, all smiles. I still can't believe what I'm seeing. Am I in another dream?

"Miss me?" she asked as she made her way towards my bed and sat on the edge of it, "I love that hair color."

"Sh-shannon?" is all that I could muster to say. I closed my eyes and then opened it again, making sure that I wasn't just seeing some illusion. When I opened my eyes, she's still there, smiling at me.

"Huh, you're probably wondering why I'm here when I'm supposed to be dead, right?" she said exactly voicing out my thoughts. Mike once said that twins have this special telepathy between them, maybe that was true.

I continued to stare at her. She looks so alive, and healthy. Compared to my very thin and frail body, the bags underneath my eyes holding all of my sleepless nights, and problems. She looks so beautiful.

"Well sissy," she continued, "I just stopped by to see how you're doing and I'm quite envious you've got those boys, but whatevs. Anyway, I just want to tell you that there's still a hole to the truth that you're trying to find out."

Holes?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well for starters--"

There was a knock on the door, both of us snapped our heads onto the direction of the door.

"Scarlett?" Mike entered and when I looked at the foot of my bed, Shannon is already gone.

"Scarlett? Scar? wake up," I woke up to someone tapping on my shoulders. When I opened my eyes, it was Mike.

There's a noise coming from outside, and I slowly sat myself as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Come on," Mike said, "we need to make sure this house is tightly secured."

"What's happening? Why?" I asked still in the state of confusion with my dream and what was actually happening.

"So Thayer kind of went out," he started, "since there's not enough food for us to survive and anything. And then he just texted, saying that a police officer found him and now he's running away from the cops."