seveenteen • peppermint muffins

Closing the door and making sure that it was completely locked, I let out a sigh of relief when I saw my small living room in front of me.

Kicking off my shoes and throwing my belongings onto the leather couch, I made my way towards the bathroom to make myself a nice, warm bath.

While the water filled the bathtub, I grabbed my pajamas and undergarments from my bedroom.

Going back into the bathroom, I stripped from my clothes, which was covered in flour and icing, and sat into the warm, relaxing water.

After I was done taking the much needed bed, I left for the kitchen to make myself a late dinner.

Turning on the small radio that sat on my kitchen table, Christmas music from various artists seeped through the speakers, circling around the whole house.

Opening the refrigerator, I grabbed the takeout from my last visit to Olive Garden yesterday, and sat it in the microwave.

As the microwave did it's magic, I made myself a cup of hot chocolate on the top of the stove.

It seemed as if I was doing everything backwards. The food should have been cooked on the stove and the hot chocolate in the microwave.

After everything was completely done and the dishes were cleaned, I sat down at the kitchen table and ate in silence as Bing Cosby sung White Christmas throughout the kitchen and to the rest of the rooms.

With my fuzzy pajamas and socks on, it then came down to me that I was seeing my family for the first time in years.

Sipping on the chocolate drink, I pondered on how I was going to ask a complete stranger to be my boyfriend.

Putting my dishes into the sink, I turned down the radio to a minimal and made my way towards my room.

On my way there, I grabbed my belongings from the couch, and made sure everything was off except the radio.

Plopping down onto my bed, I set my alarm for the next morning.

Forcing my eyes to close, I tried to clear my mind from all the worries I was facing.

---

The next day was a hectic. My worst day since a long time.

First, I slept through my alarm, making me a hour late to work.

Secondly, I forgot to charge my phone, in which the battery was now only on twenty percent.

Also, due to the fact I was late getting out of bed, I missed my bus, making me walk seven miles to work.

I couldn't get a cab to save my life.

When I finally got there, I profoundly apologize to the people who worked there.

"Forgive me," I said in a sorrowful manner. "I slept through my alarm."

"I've been there before," Beatrice said in understanding. "I covered for you while you were gone."

Thanking her, I put my things in the back of the room, dressing into my apron and hat.

Speed walking to my cash register, I was greeted by Mr. Peppermint Muffin himself.

"Late?" He asked, giving me one of his familiar smirks.

I grumbled more to more to my self than at him. "Yeah."

Taking a few minutes to look over my face, he focused directly back at my eyes. "No one should be grumpy right before the holidays."

Widen my eyes, I had a plan brewing in my head.

It was a dumb plan, but it was the only thing I could think of right now so why couldn't I go through with it.

"What?" He gave me an eye.

"Are you free for the holidays," I asked. "Because I need you to do something for me."

Squinting his eyes, he put his hands into the pockets of his trench coat. "What do you want me to do for you."

I gave him a fake laugh, trying to buy some time to think on what I was going to actually say. "That rhymes."

"Stop procrastinating," he said, knowing full well what I was doing.

"Be my boyfriend for like two weeks."

He had a look in his eyes that made me believe I asked the wrong person.

"Say something," I pleaded.

The first thing he did that made me gasp in surprise was he laughed a heartfelt laugh.

"What?" I asked in astonishment.

He was taking it better than I was expecting.

He hold out his hand to catch his breath, getting a good laugh at my desperation.

After he was done laughing at my non-comedic bargain, he finally spoke.

"No way dude. I'm happily engaged."

I knew what I was going to say next would be hard for him to turn this deal down. "First of all, I'm not a dude. Secondly, I throw in six months of sweets."

His eyes widen at my seriousness. "You're not joking."

Shaking my head, I didn't have the time of day to be playing.

"Throw in a year's worth of sweets and you got yourself a deal."

Grinning at his words, it was now for me to be shock that he excepted it.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed, jumping up and down. "You don't know how much this means to me. "

"So when do I start my acting career?"

"Tomorrow actually. Would your fiancé be okay with us doing this?" I asked, throwing my yesterday morals out the window.

"Hell No!" He shook his head. "But she'll be in California until late January for a modeling campaign so I just won't tell her."

Feeling bad all of a sudden, I couldn't let him jeopardize his relationship because of me.

Now I wanted to get cold feet.

"I can't let you do this. I don't want you to not get married to the person you love."

"Nope I already agreed and don't worry about me, just get ready to be my girlfriend," he said.

Breathing in and out, I finally asked him his name.

"Really. How in the hell are you going to ask someone to be in a relationship with you if you don't know their name?"

Scratching the back of my neck, he did make a good point.

"Whatever, it's Odell. I guess I'm not a total stranger because I know your name."

"How do you know my name?"

He gave me a frown. "You wear a name tag everyday."

Completely forgetting about that, I gave him a smile.

"Anyways, I need your number," he stated out of the blue.

"I'm jus going to act like you didn't seem creepy right then," I laughed.

With us exchanging each other numbers, he planned to call me later on in the day to get the full scoop of the trip and my family.

He grabbed his usual breakfast and parted ways from me."Now if you don't mind, I got a company to run."

"I'm a expecting a call from you later!" I called out as he went out of the glass door.

Hopefully he wasn't lying to me.