Gajeel Redfox -REQUEST-

"You have bewitched me body and soul and I love, I love, I love you." ~ Unknown

*Several Years Earlier*

"You know I could've taken them down, right?!" The young black haired boy yelled out as he swung his fist into his awaiting palm as if to show what he would do to the boys that had cornered him.

Gajeel Redfox sat cross-legged, beaten and bruised in front of a female with (h/c) hair and shining (e/c) eyes. He was lucky that he was able to take down about half of the mini little gang; however, the rest were able to get him down and beat him. The female had found him and came to his aid for the second time that week.

"Gajeel! You realize that they were bigger than you right?! And they were members of a guild!" The female cried to him as she lightly hit him in the forehead with two fingers.

"Then I would've taken out their guild!" Gajeel raised his voice to show that he was determined. "I swear, one of these days, I'll be strong enough to protect you! So you won't have to stop them from attacking me again!"

"Gaj---" The girl started, blushing slightly in embarrassment.

"No! Just watch (Y/N)!"

*Present time*

"We're back (Y/N)!" A familiar voice called to the (h/c) female as she stood in the center of the guild, talking with Levy about something. She barely had time to turn as the pink haired dragon slayer nearly pounced into her arms, grinning like a wolf.

Behind the pink haired dragon slayer was Lucy, who looked utterly exhausted as she dropped into an unoccupied, but welcoming seat with Gray Fullbuster sitting across from her. (Y/N) smiled and laughed giddily as she was twirled around by the still strangely energetic dragon slayer, who was speaking a million miles an hour about how the recent quest went and how she should've been there.

"Hey! Welcome back, would you mind putting me down?" The girl asked shyly as Natsu did as he was told, releasing her from his vice grip so she could stand on the ground.

Of course, watching the scene play out was (Y/N)'s life long friend Gajeel. He had always been protective of the girl, even if she could fight her own battles. From his spot near the bar with Pantherlily, he saw how Natsu man handled his friend and how he acted like he owned her. A familiar feeling of hatred appeared within his gut, only to be tamed by another drink and bite of iron.

"Yo. Gajeel!" (Y/N) shouted over the masses as she approached, smiling gently her perfect smile as she drew closer.

"Hmpth, what is it now (Y/N)?" The iron dragon slayer asked harshly. He had changed a bit from that kid that she once knew. Turning more tsundere and maybe even protective, still, he had to keep up that tough guy persona he had made.

"Ow." (Y/N) whined while lightly punching his arm, only to hurt her hand in the process. That time, it really hurt her; he could tell just by the mild look and the mouthing of 'ow'.

He only chuckled in amusement as she shook her hand in pain. The glare in her (e/c) eyes made him laugh louder. Her glare was adorable considering that her lip jutted out and her cheeks puffed in a pouty look instead of an actual glare. It was cute and it made his heart flutter a bit.

"Look, I have to actually talk to you. I figured I'd tell you first before everyone else." (Y/N) said, then turned away in a huff. She was obviously embarrassed. Gajeel could already tell what she was going to say. He had known her for years now, she knew that look so well.

She was in love. But he would allow her to tell him instead of just doing as he felt. How he felt being demand her to tell him who the bastard was so he could beat the shit out of them.

"I started talking with a guy on my last quest. I am going to meet up with him for coffee." She continued slowly, cautiously to be gentle with what she said. Perhaps she knew that Gajeel felt malice to the guy that she was thinking of dating, so she didn't want to hurt him by just saying that she was seeing someone.

Gajeel just forced a smile to his friend and gave her a playful scolding of "he breaks your heart, I'll break his legs"; however, as she squealed and hugged him before running off, he knew one thing. He'd have to kill this one, just like the last.

*Time skip, brought to you by Author-chan! Because she's finally updating this stupid thing and cracking down on her requests! =^.^=*

The next morning, (Y/N) sat on a stool near the bar looking a bit depressed. Mirajane tried to calm her down and explain that maybe he just forgot, but she wouldn't hear it. Everyone in the guild felt horrible for the girl as she lay her head down on the bar and cried. Of course, Natsu offered to beat the guy up for standing her up and even Lucy threatened to do so. To this Gajeel could only smirk to himself in amusement as everyone tried to comfort (Y/N); however, he still felt horrible.

But he promised that he would protect the (h/c) haired female. And he was in his eyes. He was keeping every other man from touching his (Y/N) and hurting her by leaving her at some point. Another smirk passed over Gajeel's face, this one barely even able to be hidden. He killed the guy for her sake. Gajeel was going to keep that promise, one way or another.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: UPDATE!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to whomever asked for this. You asked for this thing like what four months ago? No, it was last year huh? I'm sorry that I got to it later than I should've, Gajeel is just really hard for me to write about. ^U^ I hope you like it though!