Rin Okumura -Request-

Author's Note: This might suck like the Aizen one, but let's not talk about that. I was listening to Nightwish and I found The Phantom of The Opera cover they did. I loved it, so this story might have some references to it. It also gave me ideas.

"Where are you hiding this time? You damn exorcist!" The creature yelled, making you cover your ears and try to tune it out so you could try to figure out its Fatal Verse. You could remember being told it, but for right now, you were drawing a blank.

This was the first field exercise that you were one with the others, transferring so late, but you didn't seem to mind at first, until you froze up and had to hide so it didn't find you. Calmly, you crawled out, standing before it to try again. You didn't see its hand coming down, nor hear the others yell your name. You just remembered closing your eyes then, nothing.

You opened one eye, then the other and you found everyone around you saying good things. Like: Nice job! and How did you do that??? You brushed it off, saying that it was just dumb luck that you had made it this far without so much as a scratch. But, something was always protecting you somehow. Rather it be from some cruel girls that hated you for dating Shima, or if it was just some car was about to hit you, it was as if some entity didn't want you to get hurt from anything or anyone.

"Hey! Rin-kun! I did it! On my first try!" You yelled, waving excitedly to the blue haired male that didn't so much as draw his sword.

"That's great (Y/N)! Maybe now you can come with me on requests!" Rin seemed as bright eyed and bushy tailed as ever, and you were happy for that because you didn't want to have your boyfriend's best friend upset. (A/N: Did anyone catch that joke I put in? Get it? Because he's a demon?)

*time skip*

"Do you think she has noticed yet Yukio?" A blue haired male asked his brother in the kitchen of the dorm. His brother only looked up a bit before understanding what his brother meant. He meant you, if you had noticed that he was the one protecting you and if you noticed he loved you.

"Rin...." Yukio cut in, trying to sound a bit....like Rin's conscious. "Let it go, she's----"

"With Shima, I know. Ugh! I can't stand it!" Rin punched the table, causing a small crack to form. "He's my friend anyway, so I can't confess my love for her... Unless...."

And like that, he was out the door, away from the watchful eye of Yukio.

*Meanwhile*

You were walking to the dorm after a nice date with Shima, in fact, he was WALKING you home. You were talking this and that, about what class would bring and if flowers would bloom soon. Once you got to the door, you stopped, turning to him and blushing.

"So, um," you rubbed your neck, unsure what else to say.

"What's wrong?" Shima's eyes were full of concern, but also his normal flirty spirit.

"N-nothing, but." You kissed him quickly then ran inside, shutting the door behind you. The lights were off, which was not normal, but you ignored it and began walking to your room. Suddenly, the empty halls echoed with music that was like a symphony.

"Hello?" You called out, but heard no one.

You kept walking until a flash of blue caught your eye. You gasped, for you thought you knew that flash. Was it blue flames? No, impossible, the school has Anti-demon seals! As you slowly began to panic, an arm wrapped around you. Slowly, you turned to find a blue haired male you knew well.

"Rin?" You whispered, afraid to speak.

"Shush, I don't need Shima to hear us, nor for anyone else to." The male's voice sounded different.

"What are you----" He cut you off with a chop to the neck, causing everything to go black.

"I'm hiding you away from the world, free from the demon dangers and the cruel girls who hurt you."

*Five Days Later*

"Still nothing from her?"

"Dude that's harsh."

"She just up and left the school without telling you?"

Everyone was still at a loss that you were gone. Even Shima, who suspected nothing the night you left. You didn't even get seen leaving the campus! Rin just played along, apologizing to his friend and offering him comforts. But after he left the class, he had went to the dorm, where he kept you hidden away in a spare room.

"Sorry (Y/N)-chan, but it doesn't seem that Shima even misses you." Rin said, patting your head. "I'm sorry, but he's moved on."

"L-lies!" Tears swelled in your eyes, but you couldn't help but believe him.

"You know, I still love you..." Rin gave you his kindest smile before leaving the room to get lunch.