Chapter 14

• Dedicated to mtheaded1998

Chapter 14

Matt

"Nova! where are you?" Damien yelled, i ran back to where I heard his voice.

"Right here!" I told hi when I found him.

"Ok. here choose something to wear." I grabbed the bags and boxes out of his hands and went to a bathroom that very surprisingly had plumbing that I had found earlier. He had gotten me some bras, underwear, tops, pants, and some socks and shoes. I picked a pink top with lace short sleeves and a lace hem, and a pair of faded jeans with sequins on the back pockets. I also picked a pair of pink and black sneakers, just in case I had the chance to run, I was faster than Damien and we both knew it so i wanted the best chance I could get. At the bottom of one of the bags I noticed something black, I pulled it out and I saw it was an NYX all I've ever wanted box. Cool. 72 eye shadow colors, 6 lip glosses, 4 blushes, a bronzer, a powder, and two faces contours. Ok, I change my mind, AWESOME! I saw a makeup brush set and some concealer. Yeah, cover up the bruises. I rolled my eyes and applied some makeup and put on the clothes. I heard a knock on the door when I was finished, almost on cue.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Are you almost ready? you can take a shower at Matt's house if you want."

"Yeah, I'm coming out now." I answered as I put all the stuff back in the bags, I left my old clothes on the floor, my shirt bloodstained from when he punched me. i walked out and Damien seemed satisfied with my look. He led me outside and into the back seat of the car. He got in the front and began driving, tried pulling on the latch to open the door! child safety lock, damn! We drove in silence, only hearing the rustling of the grocery bags and the sound of the bouncing car on the bumpy parts of the road. We finally stopped on front of a large house, with trees and flowers lining the walkway, the house a pale blue that looked almost white. Damien knocked on the front door and almost immediately a man in his go forty's with messy brown hair and piercing blue eyes answered. He smiled at me then looked at Damien and smiled at him. Damien pulled me in close and I forced a smile, trying to make it look as real as possible. Matt welcomed us inside and led us to the rooms we were staying in, me on the second floor in a very pale pink room that was so light that it could be portrayed as white, it had a chocolate brown desk in the far right corner, the window on the wall across from the door with pink curtains that were blowing out in the wind since the window was open, there was a screen on it AND I was two stories up, there goes that. There was a queen bed with white sheets and four fuzzy blankets on it, one of which was electric. There was a walk in closet, SWEET!! Matt took Damien to his room as I admired this one, my thoughts were interrupted by matt.

"You like it? Your dad said you liked pink so I tried to make it subtle and not princessy but grown up and sophisticated. How did I do?"

"It beautiful. You did this all for me?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I may not know you but I will do anything for Damien, I owe him for everything he did for my in high school. Don't ask."

I nodded, "HE asked you to do this? I'm shocked." Oops!

"Why would you be shocked?" He looked stunned and confused.

"Uh-just because hes been really out of it since he and mom broke up" yeah, that was convincing, right?

"Oh, well he really does love you, he talks about you all the time." I smiled fakely. Yeah, used to love me. "Did you find your bathroom?" He asked, changing the subject.

I shook my head no and he led me to a door that I hadn't noticed, he opened it and there was my own bathroom attached to the bedroom! That was freaking awesome! I mean sure, I had one in my old house, but that one was cramped and claustrophobic, this one was spacious and airy.

"Wow. This is an amazing house. Thank you for letting us stay here." I said.

"It's no problem. Your dad told me your birthday was coming up, so I know you don't have any of your friends here but I thought it might be nice to give you a party of some sort."

"Really?" I looked at him with eyes a toddler who just got a puppy would look at him.

"Yeah. Im not much of a baker, but your dad told me you love to do it, want to make your cake?" he asked. i was so shocked that Damien did all this...for me!

"I-I would love to." i said, then realized something, "Wait-is this a trick?" i asked.

"Why would it be a trick? Because your dad is a psycopath who kidnapped you?" he asked, he knew??

"You knew about that?!" i asked.

"Yeah, i figured it out when i saw you were kidnapped. connect the dots."

"So...why aren't you calling the cops and stuff? Are you a psycopath too?" i was worried at this point.

"He doesn't know i know, i know," that's not confusing at all(sarcasm), "But i did mean it when i said that i would do anything for him, so I'm not going to called the cops." Fuck you Matt! i mean, your really nice but call the fucking cops!!,

"...Yet." he said after a dramatic pause. OMG! there is hope for me!!! yay!!!!

"So are we still doing this like, party thing?" i asked, i really hoped we were.

"Sure. And, i know you have your phone, its sticking out of your pocket. i have an iphone and i think thats what you have so, you can borrow this." he threw me a charger.

"Thank you. You are so kind and i will always be greatful." he nodded and smiled and left the room, i plugged in my phone and  waited, i was going to tell Cami and Devid everything.

___________________________________________________________________________

HEYY!! hope you liked! this chapter goes out to mtheaded1998. he isnt a member on wattpad but is a, well, i guess friend of mine in a game called clash of clans. he has given me a couple ideas for this book and has been so supportive as i have written it. he was the inspiration for the cahracter, Matt, in this chapter. (exept for the fact he is 15, i think, and not in his 40s) thanks matt!! :)

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

Luv ya all!

-Hal:)