Divorce

Chapter one

Divorce

I walked into my room, arms hooked with my best friend, Cami. We were laughing hysterically at literally nothing. We seriously would just start cracking up when we saw each other. That fact that we were doing that just made us laugh harder and louder. The two of us have such a werid friendship, ever since we were in kindergarten. WE walked into my room and fell on the bed. Cami lifted the far edge of the mattress to reveal our secret stash of junk food. She practically lived here, so she knew exactly where everything was. I rolled me eyes. Cami turned on the TV to watch Agents of SHIELD. 

I began to hear yelling and crying coming from downstairs, and I knew, mom and dad must be fighting again! I felt as though it was onlt a matter of time before they split up. I used to be sad at this fact, but as the fighting became more and more frequent, I began to think it was for the best. My brain went somewhere else for a minute, I guess trying to distract me, and when I snapped back to reality, I noticed Cami was braiding my long, curly blonde hair. I rolled my eyes, she never even asked for anything from me, she just assumed I was okay with it-which, honestly, I was, she knew me better than I knew myself sometimes. She wasn't phased or surprised by my parent's fighting, she just turned the volume on the TV louder. Its really sad when your friends are used to it. I felt a tear roll down my face. I heard stomping up the stairs, then my mom banging on the door.

"Nova, pack a bag! We're leaving!'' She yelled through the door.

"What?! No! I want to stay with dad! and what about Cami? And David!" I yelled back. I was suddenly really happy Cami locked the door without my noticing.

"You will be able to see Cami and David whenever you want still. Now pack a damn bag and get the fuck downstairs!" she yelled. This worried me. Mom never curses, I do-a fucking lot-, but she doesn't. Ever. 

I got up and grabbed my suitcase, and I grabbed a handful of miscellaneous clothes from my unorganized dresser. I began crying silently and Cami came up to me.

"Nova, it's ok. You will still be able to see me!" she cooed.

"Its not that," I said pulling away from her, wiping my eyes, "My parents are getting divorced and I love my dad so much! I knew it was inevitable, but I just wasn't expecting it. Does that make any sense?" Cami nods. "I mean, I used to not care if they got a divorce, I thought I made my peace with it, but I obviously haven't. What will happen to us?"

"Nova, I'm sure you will be able to see your dad." she said, nearing me as I put some makeup in the suit case.

"Isn't it obvious? My mom wants to get as far from my dad as possible, so no, I won't be able to see him." I said to her.

"Nov-'' She started.

"Stop starting every sentence with nova!" I interrupt, beginning to feel more angry than sad..

"Sorry. But why don't I come with you so we can still hang? My mom doesn't expect me until about 7." I smiled a tiny bit.

"You are with me more than your family, aren't you?" I asked, but it was more of a comment than a question.

"Mhm." she answered, nodding. I smiled, showing off my large dimples. I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I grabbed it and looked at the lit up screen, a text from David.

Babe, whats going on? I could hear yelling at my house! I read. David-who is my boyfriend if you weren't able to tell-lives right net door, and my parents don't try to hide their arguing

Uh, well, my parents are getting a divorce. I will text you the hotel I'm staying at later. I typed.

k babe. Stay safe. text me soon! I loved David, he made me so happy! I turned off my phone and zipped up my suitcase. I walked downstairs with Cami and my mom was crying, my dad no where to be seen.

"Lets go!" my mom said in between sobds. we walked outside into our driveway to my mom's Lexus.

We hopped in and she drove to a Hilton Inn and Suites, we checked into room 342. there was two queen sized beds, it had a balcony and a big bathroom. it was a really nice room and I honestly couldn't believe we were staying in such a beautiful room on such short notice, it's honestly better than our, uh, old house. my mom looked better than when we left, but was still obviously torn up.

"Hey, Nova, lets go swimming." Cami said, grabbing my swim suit out of her purse, as well as her own that she kept at my house. I rolled my eyes again. Of course she grabbed my suit. 

"Ok, let me text David my room then we can go." I told her, grabbing my phone.

Hey David, we are at the Hilton Inn and Suites, room 342, Cami and I are going to the pool if you decide to come. I wrote. a few seconds later my phone buzzed.

K babe. I'll be there in about ten.

"Ok, lets go," I said to Cami, "Hey mom!" I yelled.

"Yeah hon?" she asked from the bathroom.

"Cami and I are going swimming! David is coming to!" I told her

"Ok honey, be safe!" she yelled back. We grabbed a room key and headed to the elevator. once inside we went down to the lobby. we found the entrance to the pool and David wasn't there yet. we changed and got into the warm pool. I saw the door open and I was glad to see David standing there. he was in his swim trunks and I could see his flat washboard abs. His light blue eyes sparkled and his brown hair styled up just made me want to melt like butter on a hot piece of toast!

I got out of the pool and hugged him tightly, never wanting to let go. I eventually had to when I heard my phone buzz on the lawn chair my stuff was on. it was from dad.

Hey, Nova, where are you? I want to see you.

_____________------_____________-------____________----_____

Hope you enjoyed! Here is the first revised chapter, I didn't change as much as I was expecting, but still, some did change.

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Thanks again :)