Chapter twentytwo

-Trigger Warning-

*Phil pov*

"Dan, I'm sorry! I... I was just caught up in the moment." I cried into his door. I'm so stupid. Why did I think kissing him was a good idea? Ugh.

"Dan, please forgive me for being so damn stupid. I love you."
Dans door slowly creaked open. "You love me?" He asked.
I looked down in embarrassment and slowly nodded my head.

He lifted his arm as if he was about to hug me or put it around my shoulder at least, but he decided not to and awkwardly scratched his head. There was an awkwardly long silence.

"Do you love me back?" I asked looking up to his beautiful, brown eyes. He looked away, avoiding eye contact. My heart dropped as he replied with nothing but silence. I turned away not able to look at him without feeling utterly heartbroken. I let out a long sigh as I leaned my back against the wall and sat myself down on the carpet, which strangely smelt like gas.

"You don't love me anymore, do you?" I asked quietly. Again, silence. I guess this means that the only love of my life doesn't love me anymore. I love Dan more than life itself. So there's only one thing i can do.

"I'm sorry," I said, looking up to Dan, who was still avoiding eye contact,"for what i'm about to do." I continued. Dan looked down at me confused. I stood up and kissed his cheek one last time. I'm going to miss that feeling.

"Phil, what are you going to do?" Dan asked confused with a hint of concern in his voice.

I turned away from Dan and headed towards the front door. I left Dan alone in the apartment and walked to the nearest, biggest bridge that I could think of.

I took a deep breath as I climbed the rail of the bridge. I looked around to see if Dan had followed me but I couldn't see him anywhere in the giant crowds of people. I sighed as I looked below me at the water. This is it.
If Dan doesn't love me then I have no reason to live. I couldn't bear to live a life without Dan.
I took a deep breath as I got ready to jump.

"PHIL NO!" I heard Dan shout from somewhere but I couldn't see him. I turned around to see him stood behind me with a look of horror across his face.

"Please don't do it Phil." Dan pleaded as he held his hand out. I reached for his hand but my foot slipped.
I watched as he grew further and further away from me. I still reached my hand out to him but I knew it was too late.

I was already gone.