Chapter 20

23 - 100

Irene POV

The ocean. Where I usually belong. I swim towards the Seaweed Forest, and struggled to get through. But I still it push through. When I got out, I see the cave. I went into the cave, and it took for a while to see the light.

"Solar?" No answer. "Witch Solar?"

"Ah, little fish! What are you doing here?"

"Um well... i got caught"

"Mwo?! Someone saw your true self?!"

"Ne, it's on Twitter now"

"Twitter?"

That's right, not all mermaids know everything in the human world. "It's a thing that humans use, and when you show something on it people around the world can see it"

"Ahh so, you got caught by that?"

"Yeah..."

"So why did you come here?"

"Songyah thought, you could help"

"What can I do?"

She's a witch, don't she know what to do?

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can help"

"Can't you make another potion?"

"I can"

"Then make another one!"

"If I did and you drink it, you can't turn back to a human anymore"

"Huh?" I widen my eyes.

"Yeah" questions and thoughts running through my head, I didn't know what to say. "So, what will be your choice?"

A text message lit up my phone,
Mark: hii! How are you? (^^)
I took a deep breath, and said, "I'll stay the same, I dont want to leave him... alone"

"You found your soulmate?"

"I'm sure he's the one, I'm really sure of it."

"How are you gonna survive? When every human is finding you?"

"I dont know..."

"I'll make the potion in case you change your mind"

"Alright"

Irene: I'm good. I really miss you.

Mark: i miss you more, Jinyoung and Songyah makes me think of us alot

Irene: aww

Mark: so we were talking...

Irene: uh huh

Mark: we were thinking that, you should stay in the water and hide until this is all over

Irene: i can't hide forever

Mark: i know, I'm just scared of losing you

Irene: and, i talked to Witch Solar, she said she'll make me a potion in case

Mark: in case?

Irene: in case i want to go back being a mermaid. But i wont turn back to a human anymore

Mark: as long as you don't disappear

Irene: i wont

Mark: i wish you're with me right now

Irene: me too

Mark: i wanna hug you right now

Irene: me too

As I watched Solar making the potion carefully, I thought to myself, i think... i should not drink the potion... i think if i disappear... everything will go back to normal. "Alright, if you ever need this, it will always be in my cave" she smiled at me. "Thank you" I said.

I swimmed out of the cave, and out of the forest to the clean fresh water where the coral reefs are. In the water is always beautiful, but i say the human world is more beautiful.

Mark: i wanna meet you tonight. The place where you came from, at 12:00am

Irene: okay I'll be there

Irene: why?

Mark: i wanna talk to you

Mark POV

I sat on my bed, feeling depressed. About an article on Allkpop and Soompi that marine biologist are still looking for Irene.

*yesterday flashback*

"We heard you are dating a mermaid, is that true?"

"Are you scared of her?"

"Where is she now?"

"Is she a real mermaid?"

"Please answer"

"Many people thought mermaids were a myth, but it seems they still live in this time, how does it feel to date a non-human?"

"Why are you dating that thing instead of a real person?"

"What if biologists caught her? What would you do?"

Many ppaparazzis, asking me questions I don't want to answer. I push through them, and walked away.

*end of flashback*

Thinking about all those questions made my blood boil.
As long as Irene is fine.

~

I went outside at 11:50pm, and head out where Irene left. I stood there for a while, and looked at the stars. I looked at the moon and thought of when we firsted talked and joke around as friends. When will this be over?

"You okay?"

"Oh, hey you're here. Yeah I'm fine"

"So, what do you want to do?"

"I just missed you..." i looked at her tail. "You look really different when you're in the water"

"Yeah, i do"

We became silent. "We won't be together for a while... but can always meet here" she said.

"I'm sorry that this all happened"

"Don't blame yourself"

"Sorry.." i walked towards her can sat at the edge, and held her hand. "Saranghae..."

"Now, don't worry. Everything is going to work out I'm sure of it" she smiled.

"We wont be together for a while..." i paused. "I think it's time to go"

"I don't want to"

"Me neither, but it's getting late and I'm gonna be busy tomorrow"

"Oh, okay"

"Remember to check on Twitter, Allkpop and Soompi to see how we're doing! If you don't, I'm going to kill you!"

"Alright" she chuckled.

I let go of her hand and slowly step back to see her going back into the water.

See you soon.