Chapter 13

Mark POV

I'm so sorry Irene for hurting you so much! Please forgive me! I dont wanna lose you.

I left RaeNee behind and ran out and call Irene. I called more than 10 times and she still didn't pick up. Then, Songyah's words came into my head.

Mark, if you dont go back to Irene, she'll disappear and so do you.

Her string is tied with yours, and her love for you is strong. If you dont love her back as much as she does, she'll disappear.

She doesn't have much time left to live. And i hold you responsible for it.

You'll regret what you did.

When i reached to Songyah's house, i banged the door for her to hear me.

"Irene! Irene!!!"

No answer. Damn, what have i done. Why am i even afraid of her?! I shouldn't left her alone and cheat behind her back. I got no choice but to hit the door with my shoulder to make it open. Then, it opened and i ran upstairs to her room. "Irene!" I walked close to her, bend down and looked at her innocent face.

She looks so pale.

I hold onto her hand and it was cold.

"Miahnae... Irene. For being scared of you." I touched her forehead, she was hot. Damn, why am i afraid of her. I ran downstairs get a wet towel and put it on her head. I rest my head on my arm while looking at her. Miahnae.

Irene POV

I woke up with a warm towel on my head, and Mark sleeping by me. I looked to my left and see a bottle water and medicine, and a little note.

Eat this, it will make you feel better.

I ate the medicine and quietly got up to the kitchen. Damn im hungry. I opened up the fridge and grabbed leftover kimchi and rice. I opened up the containers and microwave them.

After 3 minutes, i grabbed them out and ate them.

"You're awake"

I looked up and it was Mark. I looked back down without a word and kept on eating. He walked towards me and sat in front of me. Is he not afraid of me anymore?

"I'm sorry."

I slowly eat my food, but still avoiding eye contact.

"I'm sorry for leaving you because you're different. I should'nt have run away and cheat behind your back because i was scared. I should've talked it out with you. But i was too scared."

I looked up and see Mark looking down with a tear falling from his eyes.

"Now, i dont wanna lose you. I think, it's amazing that you're a mermaid. And you're different from others. I thought mermaids like you dont exist"

"We do." I said. "It's just that, humans like you can't find us"

"I'm really sorry" more of his tears fall. "I dont wanna lose you. I know you dont have much time left to live, and i know you're gonna disappear."

"Is your love big enough?"

"I dont know"

I got up from my seat and walked towards Mark, and hugged him. "I forgive you" i cried along. "You wanna eat some leftover kimchi with me?"

"Sure" he chuckled.

~

Mark POV

RaeNee - what the fuck Mark, i thought you're afraid of her

Mark - wae? You jealous?

Mark - honestly i have no idea why im back with you. So, bye.

Blocked RaeNee

"So. You're back with Irene?" Junior said.

"Yeah"

"Is your love big enough?"

"I dont know, but Irene asked the same question"

"Songyah asked me that question when i found out that she's a mermaid" he smiled.

"Im not sure if it's big enough for Irene. Before what happened, I'm scared of losing her now." I paused. "I want to be by her side from now on, I'm not gonna lose someone like her. If she wants to be human and love me forever, I'll make her wish" i looked at Jinyoung and asked, "what happened when it was Songyah's last day?"

"She didn't disappear. You see, your love has to be strong as Irene therefore she can live"

I'm worried that she might disappear. I'm too afraid to lose her. I'll show how much i love her. I'm gonna help her become human and be with me.