Twenty Two

PATRICK'S POV

"Can't believe you forgave Pete so easily, Patrick. He left you for six years... Wonder what you were doing all this time."

I forgave Pete, because you made me realize he was the only one who would stay with me... Brendon you were willing to put me in jail, not caring who I was to you. Thanks to Pete, I didn't go through that.

"Well I traveled around a few places" Pete says.

"Really? Didn't care what was of your little baby boy, as you call him."

"He was a kid, no harm would be done to him... You adopted him after all. What made you decide that anyway?"

"There was something about Patrick that captured my attention."

Pete smiled at me, "I don't blame you, I loved Patrick the first time I saw him."

"You're years older then Patrick don't you feel disgusted with yourself? Especially trying to hide feelings for him."

"I always respected Patrick, never had it crossed my mind to do anything to him at a young age. I left that up to him and in the end he still wanted me." I gave him a small smile and then looked at Brendon, "is there anymore questions? Maybe you might want to ask him about the suppose killings he did?"

Pete laughed, "what?"

"Brendon thinks you are the wanted killer daddy?" I said innocently.

He looked straight at Brendon, "I might look insane, but I'd never hurt anyone!"

"Your profile seems clean..."

"It is, I'm not a killer. I wouldn't even know were to began to hurt anyone like that."

"Then how do you get by in life without having a single job? Or any type of record?"

"I have friends I'm not a total loner... They were nice enough to help me out."

"Really?! Mind making me a list!"

"Of course officer! I'll get right on that!" Pete yelled.

I looked around the room and all eyes were on us. "What are you all staring at? Mind your own business!" I say.

Pete was pissed off. I can't say or do anything to him when he's in that state. He looked at Brendon like he was ready to kill him.

"We're not going to get anywhere today, Brendon do all the investigations you want..."

"I will, until then Pete can't leave the area... If you do then you'll be accused."

"Never crossed my mind to leave..." Pete says.

Brendon just nodded at him and then he looked at me. "I gave you the opportunity to tell me everything. Now if you were lying I'll have no choice to put you away... Trick I really hope you made the right decision."

"I have nothing to hide." was the last thing I said to him before he stood up and headed out.

"Patrick did you really mean what you said on the phone? Do you really need me?"

I nodded, "yeah..."

"Then show me." he says.

"How?"

He smiled before dragging me out of the shop.